Apple Care works!

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
So, my iPhone 3G was one year old about nine days ago (the 17th of July). On the 15th, I bought the Apple Care protecton plan--two days before I couldn't buy it any more.

Well, last night I noticed that the ringer/vibrate switch was broken off. I have no idea when, where, or what had happened. This morning, I woke and made an appointment at the genius bar. It's a Sunday, but the available appointments were few. I made an reservation for around noon and went in. Within 15 minutes, I walked out of there with a new iPhone 3G (same model as my old phone). :eek:k:eek:k It's nice to have a scratch-free, shiny new phone!

Had I not bought the Apple Care when I did, I would have been stuck with a broken switch and had to pay for either a repair job or a replacement phone. :dft008:surprised

Mar 2, 2009
California
Brand new? I hear they give refurbished phones.

Congrats on new phone. Why was your other one scratched? Better keep this one looking new.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Nice to know they took care of that. I bought an Apple Care Protection Plan since I plan on keeping my iPhone 3GS for 2 years. I realize we are covered the first year, but I wanted to just pay it and get it out of way.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008

Congrats on new phone. Why was your other one scratched? Better keep this one looking new.
The phone they gave me appears brand new. There were no scuffs or scratches, the casing/edges feel really smooth compared to my former device, which had a scrape mark on the bottom corner. The Apple logo is nice and shiny and smooth. I can use the logo as a mirror--something I couldn't do on my previous one.

The first thing I did was to put one of the Crystal film protectors on the screen. I wonder if there is something I could put over the Apple logo to protect it (but not something that covers the whole back casing).

The second thing I did was to ... er ... well ... uh ... heck, just read my signature line! :033:praying

Mar 2, 2009
California
LOL nice! I'd really love to use my phone without a case, it's too nice to keep it in a case constantly. I need to clean it later...dirt and dust is getting underneath the case so its getting dirty.

OK Why does it sound like I just repeated the same thing in each sentence?

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I wonder if there is something I could put over the Apple logo to protect it (but not something that covers the whole back casing).

If you have a spare screen protector laying around you could cut a piece off to put over the logo or go buy a pack of the cheap screen protectors. I know the Power Support ones are kinda pricey so I wouln't want to use one of those.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The phone they gave me appears brand new. There were no scuffs or scratches, the casing/edges feel really smooth compared to my former device, which had a scrape mark on the bottom corner. The Apple logo is nice and shiny and smooth. I can use the logo as a mirror--something I couldn't do on my previous one.

The first thing I did was to put one of the Crystal film protectors on the screen. I wonder if there is something I could put over the Apple logo to protect it (but not something that covers the whole back casing).

The second thing I did was to ... er ... well ... uh ... heck, just read my signature line! :033:praying
I git a refurb 3G on June 18th and it looks brand new - pristine. Serial numbers on refurbs begin with 5K.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
A good place to get Applecare is off of Ebay if anyone is looking to get it. I bought it for my macbook on the very last day I could and have since taken it in 3 times. It's quite a bit cheaper. I got mine for a little more than $100 less than what Apple sells it for.

Andy65

Jul 27, 2009

=========

I guess it really depends on the availability in the Apple Store. Anyway, you can always ask if there is a brand new available. I always hear a lot of critics with Apple Care but I really know that it works, as long as you talk your problem to them and of course be patient :)

==============
Andy

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
I git a refurb 3G on June 18th and it looks brand new - pristine. Serial numbers on refurbs begin with 5K.
I must have gotten a new one, as my serial number begins with 86.

I saw the store clerk take it out of the box, along with a USB cable that he also exchanged for me. My original cable was frayed on the USB end--you could see silver wiring when pulled to the side.