Apple changing their name?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redstar299, Jul 28, 2008.

1. redstar299

redstar299 New Member
    Bronze

Well since after reading all these posts and experiencing arguably the worst cell service and tons of bugs on the most advanced phone in the world, Apple only has one option....to change their name to ....

APPLESOFT!

I thought only Microsoft brings products to market that are still in beta testing states - Im an Apple fanboy but this phone is a joke overall. Email not pushing, suddenly no sound for alerts, dropped calls with 4 bars, having no service while my AT&T blackberry has 2 bars - what a joke - I want my 4 hours back!

2. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Can you tell me what this thread brings to our table that isn't already covered in dozens of other very popular threads discussing these shortcomings? No one here is oblivious to the issues, yet we are keenly aware when someone is trolling our fine site.

3. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

redstar- This phone will be a lot better when Apple releases a software update to fix all these issues.

4. Tex

Tex New Member
    Silver

Why do people always go into panic mode during a major international launch. You would think people would come to expect hiccups upon launch. None of this is a major issue, and will be fixed.

5. redstar299

redstar299 New Member
    Bronze

I know but I am on my third 3g already and needed to vent - Im sure it will work out but when you wait on line for 4 hours and drop coin on a phone I expect it to work as advertised - silly me, I don't want to be taken advantage of. We as consumers need to stand up so crap like this doesn't happen. The problem is suckers like me who always need the latest gadget fuel this!

6. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

I waited 4 hours as well but you don't see me complaining.

Also, you should expect there to be some problems when buying a BRAND NEW product. IMO, you shouldn't be complaining that you bought it or whatever. You chose to, and as every other new product, theres bound to be issues. Until Apple sends out some updates, calm down a little ;)

7. redstar299

redstar299 New Member
    Bronze

ok ok I'll chill..cute dog :)

but seriously I disagree - this and every other product should be working fully to the best of the companies ability before it comes to market. I have had macs for years and trust me, this is not the Apple I'm used to.

8. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

Haha, thanks. :)

And I agree with you. I don't even remember ?1.0.2 being like this...

9. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

I waited 12 hours and already had to return a phone but I don't constantly gripe. There are issues with everything released today, nothing is going to be perfect to everyone's standards of the word. It's a fact of life.

10. mlass

mlass Member
    Silver

Being a Microsoft Guy, I would like to say that when Microsoft comes out with Software, it's build for hundreds of Computers and countless of Hardware.

Tell me one company that builds Software that is compatible with all computers. As you can see Apple is having a hard time doing it whit one OS, One Phone, and their own hardware that they build.

I have no problem with Apple and believe they have build the greatest phone, but there is nothing in life that is bug free.

11. redstar299

redstar299 New Member
    Bronze

Well considering the disaster known as Vista, they should have worked a little harder - but that's a topic for another day...

Im sorry maybe my standards are too low - I expect a phone to actually make calls and not say "call failed" all the time - look at the new iPhone commercial - does your iPhone work that fast? Im on my third and mine doesn't!

12. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

Well I guess it just depends on how much coverage you have. For example.

- I have only seen Call Failed once.
    - Sometimes my GPS and Internet is as fast as it is in commercials, and other times its not.

13. redstar299

redstar299 New Member
    Bronze

im jealous!

14. mlass

mlass Member
    Silver

The only disaster that came with Vista is that 3rd parties where not up to date with Vista (not fully tested) and a lot of them didn't have drivers for Vista when Vista came out.

This is the same argument I have with Apple, they didn't do enough field tests, because they didn't want information to leak out.

I run three PC's with Vista with no issues since day one. I have only lost some Hardware and Software due to vendors not wanting to update.

15. barbie

barbie Member
    Bronze

crApple
    lol

j/k I love my phone, crApple just made me laugh

16. tamakin

tamakin New Member
    Bronze

I have to agree with you. Apple needs to test their software more thoroughly. Never seen so many bugs on an Apple product before. They're slipping. Oh, and you forgot to add the laggy text messaging.

17. tamakin

tamakin New Member
    Bronze

I'm still on 1.0.2. Jailbroken with no problems whatsoever.

18. timothy

timothy Member
    Bronze

Firefox comes to mind. J/k. I'm just glad that, with hearing about all the lemons out there, that I got the golden Apple. Aside from battery life, I've really got nothing to complain about.

19. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

If I were you, I would knock on wood... ;)

20. Tex

Tex New Member
    Silver

Couldn't be more true. IN a perfect world, sure things would launch perfect...BUT THAT DOES NOT EXIST.

Reality is that most bugs are not caught until after launch. Some bugs are known, but there is pressure to release product first, then patch once the company has an idea how it affects the market.

REally, to expect perfection at ANY launch is ridiculous to me. Technology is flimsy, and there will always be glitches and imperfections....over time, those issues are ironed out, but there is always something to improve upon. ALWAYS.

If we had the perfect product, we'd never buy anything else, and there would never be advancement.