Apple.com iPhone 5 Orders Getting Canceled?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by iigreatoneii, Sep 15, 2012.

1. iigreatoneii

iigreatoneii Member
    Bronze

Hey guys,

Hearing that there is an issue going on regarding people who ordered iPhone 5's on Apple.com getting emails sent saying that the order has been canceled because Apple "encountered an issue with your AT&T account".

Anyone experiencing this?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have not heard or searched for this issue online. It is not happening with me thankfully. If it is for you, have you contacted Apple regarding your account and order?

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got my ducks in a row
    I made certain everything is 100% before even attempted to order

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Me too, except I was very confused with the data plan. Hopefully when they switch the upgrade to my account line, It'll be the unlimited plan still.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

MoneyMaker79 what does it read when you look up the order ? Mine tells me unlimited $30

6. iigreatoneii

iigreatoneii Member
    Bronze

Yes, it happened to me this morning, was on the phone with Apple & AT&T for over 2 hours.

Also happened to a friend of mine too.

Apple said it is a known issue and several people are reporting it now. Now they have to figure out how to get me an iPhone 5 and it may not be on launch day.

Strange thing is I am eligbile for an upgrade. They both determined this was not my fault but do point the figure at each other.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The reason is because I used my mother's upgrade. It won't be the unlimited plan until AT&T transfers it to my line.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

That stinks !

9. Wademvp91

Wademvp91 Member
    Bronze

Ok 2 questions.

1) Carrier? Is it just At&T?
    2) what status did Apple show before the cancelation. Was it "preparing for shipment" or "processing order"?

10. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Maybe this is one of those VERY few times I'm glad I ordered through AT&T? Since the price is approved through a carrier, not Apple...maybe it's best to order from the carrier? At least if you're going to pre-order at launch time?

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I feel more comfortable pre-ordering through Apple directly on their website. But as of right now it still shows processing, but they told me my order is fine.

12. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I was nervous ordering from AT&T as it seemed like I heard nothing but horror stories at the 4S launch. I ordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T on launch day and didn't have a problem, but the 4S made me nervous. I couldn't get into the Apple.com site this time around (store kept saying that they'd be back), so at 3:05 am I went to AT&T and the order went right through. Got the confirmation emails and my wife got the confirmation text (upgrading her line, she's getting my 4S). :) Just hope I don't run into an AT&T horror story this year!

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

This is horrible. I have no issues with my account. I hope to not get an email like this. WOW!

14. Napoleon Lopez

Bronze

The only ppl that i have heard had their orders canceled either changed their address for shipping, or had problems with their payment info etc.

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Well, I changed my shipping address when I was allowed to when it is processing. It hasn't changed to preparing for shipment, but hasn't been canceled thankfully. I was charged for the iPhone already.

16. iigreatoneii

iigreatoneii Member
    Bronze

1. As far as I know it is only AT&T

2. It showed Processing, then I got an email with the subject: "Information on your order _____"

Both companies have no idea why it happened, but also can't promise a phone on 9/21 either. My bills is not paste due, unpaid or late and I'm eligible for an upgrade... They said those are normally the reasons for receiving these emails. They said they can't reinstate the order, because they can't guarantee they can give me one by the 21st since it was pulled from the processing department, the phone was probably given down the line in which they were received.

Waiting to hear from the manager I spoke with earlier he said he'll get me one ASAP, but might not be on the 21st. I'm without a phone til then now.

Apple really sucks on this one...

17. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

How can you blame Apple if it's a foul up from AT&T?

I ordered my Sprint iPhone 5 through Apple and mine's already prepared for shipment.

18. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Mine says that it's preparing for shipment and not eligible to cancel. Which makes it hard to believe that you would've made it that far and then something still mess up. That sucks though man. Hope they get it figured out for you and get it to you on launch day. If not, try and get some accessories for the inconvenience(as a former Senior Advisor for Apple, I know this can be done lol).

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@ligreatoneli Sorry this happened. This sucks. Please give us an update when you have a chance.

I think Apple should make a way to get you your order by 9/21 because this is not your fault. You should not have to suffer because of their mistake. I know its wishful thinking.

Also Girdler as a great suggestion about getting free accessories for the inconvenience. If they, no matter what, can't get you your phone by 9/21 the accessories would be the least they can do.

20. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I have to say something to this matter
    I ordered at Apple.com this year AT&T was loading the whole time I was with busy at Apple.com
    Last year I had oders in for both (under the same phone number) what a mess it was to order last year.
    I had no conformation from anyone.
    AT&T was canceld a few days later because my line was not
    upgradeable (since I did order with Apple)
    Now yesterday I went and looked at AT&T after it finally came up (I had my order in long time with Apple)
    My line was still open for upgrade !
    This would mean At&T would have took a 2nd order under my number I already used !