Apple.com iPhone availability checker

Jul 1, 2008
How accurate is the availability checker at Apple.com? It's now 9:12, the thing updates every night at 9, and I just checked availability at the Menlo Park Mall (NJ) Apple store, and it says they'll have all 3 models in stock tomorrow. But I just called the store, and the guy I talked to said they're all sold out of all models, and still have a line of people waiting to activate their phones. Is it possible that they would have more tomorrow? It doesn't seem possible that they would get a shipment on a saturday night/sunday. Does anyone know more about this?

Jul 1, 2008
It may be 21:00 Pacific Daylight Time (or is it Standard Time). You get my drift. What a few more hours.

The topic of the availability checker was started here yesterday.
Oops, sorry for the repeat thread. I thought about the time zone thing, but I'm almost positive it's 9:00 pm local time, and besides, the availability checker wasn't active until 9:00 EST, then it became available, and showed that the iPhone would be in stock tomorrow at Menlo Park. My confusion arises from the fact that when I called there, they said they would be out of stock. Oh well.. I guess I'll have to wait till Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
How accurate is the availability checker at Apple.com? It's now 9:12, the thing updates every night at 9, and I just checked availability at the Menlo Park Mall (NJ) Apple store, and it says they'll have all 3 models in stock tomorrow. But I just called the store, and the guy I talked to said they're all sold out of all models, and still have a line of people waiting to activate their phones. Is it possible that they would have more tomorrow? It doesn't seem possible that they would get a shipment on a saturday night/sunday. Does anyone know more about this?
You're best bet is any of the NYC stores. A friend just walked by 14th st and the guy told him they have plenty. The best bet is the one on Fifth Ave since they're open 24 hours. Just drive into Manhattan at like 3am or something, go pick it up and be done.

Jul 1, 2008
You're best bet is any of the NYC stores. A friend just walked by 14th st and the guy told him they have plenty. The best bet is the one on Fifth Ave since they're open 24 hours. Just drive into Manhattan at like 3am or something, go pick it up and be done.
Haha, I was hoping to stay a little bit closer (I'm in central NJ).. if none of the AT&T and Apple stores in the area have it in stock tomorrow, I'll just wait till Monday, and I can't possibly fathom having trouble getting it on Monday (right? right? RIGHT? :p)

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Haha, I was hoping to stay a little bit closer (I'm in central NJ).. if none of the AT&T and Apple stores in the area have it in stock tomorrow, I'll just wait till Monday, and I can't possibly fathom having trouble getting it on Monday (right? right? RIGHT? :p)

haha you'd be surprised, i didn't t think there would be lines through out the entire mall on the day after i day but there most certainly were, i didn't think att would sell out in the first two hours on both days either but they did so Monday may not work out either, i say go early to the store that the Apple website said they had stock in and be one of the first in line, thats my advice