Apple Confirms iOS 5 Battery Issues, Releases iOS 5.0.1 to Developers With Fix

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sindy Mendler, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Sindy Mendler

Sindy Mendler New Member

Since Apple released iOS 5 and its latest handset with the new software pre-installed to the public, customers have been complaining about poor battery life. It appears that something in the iOS update has directly affected battery performance.
    Other than a few rumors of its engineers contacting customers regarding their complaints, Apple has been relatively silent on the matter… until now. AllThingsD has just received an official statement from the company confirming the problem…

“A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices. We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.”
    Apple certainly seems to be taking the issue seriously, as it’s already seeded a 5.0.1 update to developers. The new software contains fixes for the reported battery bugs, as well as for other components, including iCloud and Siri Dictation.
    As aforementioned, the 5.0.1 update is only available to developers at this point. Apple likely wants to make sure it does the trick before releasing it to the masses. If you can’t wait for the public release, we’ve found that this trick really helps improve battery life on iOS 5.

2. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

Which trick :)?

3. Sindy Mendler

Sindy Mendler New Member

I also don't know well, I just saw a news!

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

They released iOS 5.0.1 beta 1 a good few days ago, they released iOS 5.0.1 beta 2 to developers last night. They also admitted battery problems. Please use the search function, this information has already been posted.

5. phonejunkie30

phonejunkie30 Member
    Bronze

I don't seem to have an issue see my usage one day.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Attached Files:

6. K.J

K.J New Member

phonejunkie30, guess you lucky.

Have seen a very noticeable decrease in battery life after iOS 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. GSA190

GSA190 Member
    Bronze

My battery has been horrible even before this whole iOS 5 battery problem situation. Glad they're fixing it, though!

8. K.J

K.J New Member

Doubt you'll get close to battery life as before iOS 5, more services running.

But any improvement from current iOS 5 will be welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk