Apple could use info?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
have you guys or girls ever plugged your iPhone onto iTunes and sometimes a little window comes up and says, Apple could use some user information in order to help improve its products.

Have you guys ever gotten this before?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I think it's a diagnostic report like when a program crashes on windows its followed by the prompt "send this information to microsoft".

I send it to help make the iPhone a better device, no personal information is examined.

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
I think it's a diagnostic report like when a program crashes on windows its followed by the prompt "send this information to microsoft".

I send it to help make the iPhone a better device, no personal information is examined.
Got that once, I had some sort of error message and the next day I plugged it in with iTunes it popped up.

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
maybe

i think i received that in an email.. If any of you tried it was it like a survey? because i received a survey in an email from Apple.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
It sends detailed information about every crash on the iPhone. You'd be surprised how many of them there are. If you want to see all the files it sends (one per crash) in Windows, look in:

C:\Douments and Settings\<your_username>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<your iPhone's name>