Apple couldn't include this SIMple stuff?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

frjps

Jun 20, 2007
I am very hyped for the iPhone, but with over 2 years of working on it, couldn't Apple have at least included a voice-recorder, some kind of voice recognition, & video for the camera. Geeze, these are things that much cheaper phones have.

Also, the notes app. is very important to me. Why wouldn't someone want to keep notes on their phone? Yet there is barely a word about it in any of the reviews, posts, etc. I would expect it to sync with my Mac as I have a lot of info. I would like to store on the iPhone that are in text files.

Just my 2 cents.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
Apple doesn't like to include substandard stuff. cellphone videos suck. when they can make it work better than the norm, they will add it. they are there to make $$ and they know making customers happy makes them more $$
i have a feeling voice recognition will come later...either as a free update or a pay for download feature (through Apple). again they WANT us to be happy :cool:

frjps

Jun 20, 2007
Ya But...

I know Apple will put out some future updates, but still, after all this time working on the iPhone, they couldn't include a simple voice recorder? And they've had voice recognition in Mac OS for years now.

If they want to make customers happy, why not include the basic things that customers are asking for, things that have been on other phones for years, just not done well in the software?

Again, just my opinion.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Yeah, you're right CT - I guess I overreacted :p Haha only 2 days left, I'm getting a little anxious.