Apple "Do Not Mod" warning posted at Apple Store

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Saw this tonight while at the Apple store. It wasn't there last time I visited. Modders beware?

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
A week ago or so. This was being displayed right next to the iPhones on display and definitely was NOT there a week ago, or any other time I've been there since mid-Dec.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
interesting. The store near me has had something like that up for quite a while now (pretty sure it's the same thing, but it was displayed in the store's front window). I think it was in reaction to all of the unlocked phones getting f'ed because of the 1.1.1 update, but that may be me jumping to conclusions.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This isn't really new, as Apple said as much back in September, right before 1.1.1 was released.

Also, this seems targeted at unlocks, not "mods" per se.

--
Mike

iUseiPohne

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
this is how i look at it...
at the end of the day Apple wants to make money not lose. i'm sure they have some sort of contract with AT&T and promise that AT&T is the sole service provider for the iPhone... if they don't instill at least a little bit of fear then people would be unlocking and moding like crazy.. i'm sure that the mods and some of the software cant be good for the phone but what can u do. if youre happy with your default setting and don't care for camerapro and black jack then don't mod and if u do then keep in mind Apple wont warranty it .. i'm sure u guys arent idiots and would understand why they would post warnings like that for the same reason coffee shops have "caution HOT" they're protecting themselves from any possible lawsuits. i just shrug my shoulders at the warning and keep going. Apple aren't the only people that can fix iPhones.