Apple Earbuds: The Clicky Thing

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
I actually like the earbuds and I use them all the time to pause/play the iPod and to take calls. The "clicky thing" stopped working today. Do you think they are covered? Normally I wouldn't think the ear buds would be but since they integrated the button into them they are a much bigger part of the operation of the unit. Is it worth bringing up at an APple store? Thoughts?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I actually like the earbuds and I use them all the time to pause/play the iPod and to take calls. The "clicky thing" stopped working today. Do you think they are covered? Normally I wouldn't think the ear buds would be but since they integrated the button into them they are a much bigger part of the operation of the unit. Is it worth bringing up at an APple store? Thoughts?

Just bring it into a store, I doubt they would give you any trouble with a replacement earphone set

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
what are you guys talking bout clicky thing I can't find it
Are you serious? It is on the right earphone cord and has a little microphone hole in it. When you squeeze it it answers the phone or pauses the track and if you double click it , it skips the track.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Don't feel bad, for several days after I got the iPhone I never used the earbuds because I thought they were uncomfortable and ugly, I was just going to give them to my kids for spares. After reading these forums I learned there was a "clicky" thing and I now I use them all the time. Although they are still very uncomfortable for me there is nothing like being able to forward the music and take a call without touching the phone.
Can't wait for someone to make nice ones that will have this feature!

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Don't feel bad, for several days after I got the iPhone I never used the earbuds because I thought they were uncomfortable and ugly, I was just going to give them to my kids for spares. After reading these forums I learned there was a "clicky" thing and I now I use them all the time. Although they are still very uncomfortable for me there is nothing like being able to forward the music and take a call without touching the phone.
Can't wait for someone to make nice ones that will have this feature!
Rivet makes an affordable set of iPhone compatible headphones. V-Moda Vibe Duo headphones are a little more expensive, but they are iPhone compatible as well. I'm sure there are several more. Although I did not see any headphones here at the everything store, I am sure you can find others.

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
For those of you with issues having the iPhone headset fit your ears, I read in another thread to try and use a set of jabra mini gels....they fit on the headset great and a pack of 3 pair is 4 bucks. Worked for me, and it has a noise isolating effect.

Hope this helps others