Apple employment

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
tired of waiting for restocking iPhones, i decided to infiltrate the system and get a job. haha, jk. but seriously, i am applying to work at the local Apple store. anybody have an idea on the age requirements? there wasn't anything on the application...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i applied and never got a call back, it males me mad that i go there and know more then them and cannot get a job there...

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
i applied and never got a call back, it males me mad that i go there and know more then them and cannot get a job there...
exactly...it seems a lot of the employees really don't know as much as they should have. they seem to lean towards the "Apple lifestyle" college kids for employees. sure hope i can get a job there though.
anyways, i opted for the greeters, as it is a nice laid back job in a great environment. what about you?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I applied once, and was supposed to go to a big group interview. That was before I talked to some employees. You get paid 8.00 an hour, you have a quota, don't make commission and basically are "a dime a dozen". They put a lot of pressure on their employees to make their quotas, with no reward for sales excellence (besides keeping your job) Everyone wants to work for Apple because its "cool" so they don't really have to value their employees..... Unless you are a "genius" and you have to have some training certifications and stuff for that.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
$8.00 per hour + quota don't mix. That's ridiculous. Apply elsewhere if that's the case!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I once read, not sure if it's true, that getting a job at an Apple store was more difficult than gaining admission to Stanford. Something like 8% of candidates are hired or something.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Employees do get killer discounts though - you get up to 25% off one computer system and iPod every 12 months, and there's a friends and family discount where you get 15% off three systems and iPods in a year. And you get 10% off all non-Apple accessories and software. None of these discounts work on the iPhone, though, from what I hear.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Employees do get killer discounts though - you get up to 25% off one computer system and iPod every 12 months, and there's a friends and family discount where you get 15% off three systems and iPods in a year. And you get 10% off all non-Apple accessories and software. None of these discounts work on the iPhone, though, from what I hear.
didn't all the Apple employees get free iPhones when v1 came out?