Apple gets an A+ for service

melny

Jul 25, 2007
Apple has to be the most understanding company I have ever dealt with. My iPhone bricked after trying to update to the 1.1.1 and Apple replaced the phone without even blinking an eye. I purchased the phone in July so I wasn't within the automatic return period. Many other companies make you ship the product back to them often at your cost.

:)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Glad you had a good experience.
I too have had excellent customer service with Apple.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I am pleased with Apple as well. I have an 80G Ipod (5th Gen) that suddenly died. Initial phones calls told me I needed to make an appointment for the genius bar.
Sooooooo, I jumped in my car and went to my nearest Apple store. Within 10 minutes max, I was walking out with a new one.

I bet if they were ever able to bring the other one back to life, someone was REAL happy with all the movies that I had to leave behind. ;)

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I had trouble with my stock phone when I upgraded the other night. It bricked, would not restore or anything. It took two calls with hold times less than 4 min each time and two very helpful sympathetic patient techs and problemo resolved. Refreshing CS experience in this day and time.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Apple in Sacramento was awesome when i took my iPhone in .......

H

Hayesimus

well i am thoroughly dissatisfied. my touch screen stopped working in the lower portion of the screen so i couldn't answer texts among other things. the website states that it will take three days for repairs. well. Fedex picked it up friday after noon and here it is 8 days later and still no iPhone. even if you only count businesss days, the got the iPhone on Monday and its been in the same status (diagnosing product) ever since. i'm so aggravated right now. I want restitution yet i can't think of a way for them to accomidate me. unless they were to give me like another 100 dollar store credit haha. but GAWD! i mean come ON already. i should not have to wait this long.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have owned a lot of Apple products over the years and have always been very impressed with the support.

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I have also had plenty of good experience with Apple support. They've always been prompt, and usually simply replace the defective product.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
My opinion on the OP depends on if he had an unlocked phone or not.

If had he had an unlocked phone then it was indeed good service (as he could have been turned away).

If he had a locked and unmodded phone I wouldn't be impressed that the same company that bricked it replaced it--I would expect that at the very least. That would be like thanking someone for covering the doctor bills after they hit me over the head with a tire iron. :cool:

--
Mike