Apple has good coverage I bailed my phone...

serius007

Jan 24, 2009
I realized mid day that I put my phone in a bailer (a device that smashes cardboard) I was in the room 4 hours later and new that it had to be in there because my bluetooth synced to it and then I got a call from my phone. The bail wasn't tied yet so a coworker said that he was off the clock in 10 min and if I paid him $20-30 he would help me get it out.

I had to get it out because if the phone is lost then you have to pay the price of a phone without the contract and the $200 phone without a contract is $550. I got the phone out could only see 1/2 an inch and the rest of the screen was white. I took it too a mac genius and they checked if it was under warranty. It was so they replaced it right there he just warned me that there was some condensation or liquid in the case that I had it in and to be careful because water damage voids the warranty. I got a brand new iPhone. Could have been either $550 mistake or the saddness of downgrading back to a razor only cost me $25 to pay the people that helped me get it out of the bailer.

BTW the bailer was smashed many times and the phone was in the middle of the bail. Thank good ness the case I had was the hard kind. I don't know if it would have made it if it didn't have that case.

Go Apple warranty and so I immediatley bought Apple care to extend the protection for another year.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I'm glad that all worked out for you.

note to self: don't put iPhone in bailer... will cause damage

serius007

Jan 24, 2009
no not home depot it was a grocery store

no not home depot it was a grocery store

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I'm glad it worked out, but your co-workers should have helped you without you having to pay them!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
What? You're claiming you brought a smashed phone to Apple and they replaced it? For free? I'm confused about the condition of your phone when you brought it to Apple.

The warranty nor Applecare covers abuse or damage.

To be clear: I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just confused as to what happened.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
It sounded to me like the actual phone was fine, the view on the screen was messed up, he could only view a small portion of the screen and the rest was white? That's my interpretation of what he said.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
I think it's just good that Apple replaced his phone.