Apple has released iOS 8.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Have fun updating!

I'm updating through iTunes, and there is currently an error. This may be due to Apple's servers not being able to handle the traffic.

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 1.12.05 PM.png

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
My download and install was fast..

As I reported in the other thread, everything appears to be working fine. LTE and WiFi are a-ok..

In Passbook there is now an option to set up Apple Pay. I added my Visa but it said my bank was not supported (which I already knew). So that's a bummer = for me..

SMS on Mac works after you approve the Mac via a displayed code that's entered on the iPhone for approval..

So far so good!

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Loving being able to send/receive SMS text messages on my Mac!
Ditto! I am lazy and like the option to send and receive from the Mac. Often times my phone is across the room but my Mac is right in front of my face or within reaching distance...

I knew Apple Pay would not work as I use a small bank. I emailed them last month asking if they would support it, and never received a response.. I will wait and see. If they don't support it by next year, I will email them again..

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)

Photos include new features, improvements, and fixes
-Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled
- Provides alerts when running low on space before capturing Time Lapse videos

Messages includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability for iPhone users to send and receive SMS and MMS text messages on from their iPad and Mac
- Resolves an issue where search would sometimes not display results
- Fixes a bug that caused read messages not to be marked as read
- Fixes issues with group messaging

Resolves issues with Wi-Fi performance that could occur when connected to some base stations
Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices
Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working
Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
Adds an option to select between 2G, 3G, or LTE networks for cellular data
Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
Adds AirDrop support for Passbook passes
Adds an option to enable Dictation in Settings for Keyboards, Separate from Siri
Enables HealthKit apps to access data in the background

Accessibility improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue that prevented Guided Access from working properly
- Fixes a bug where VoiceOver would not work with 3rd party keyboards
- Improves stability and audio quality when using MFi Hearing Aids with iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue with VoiceOver where tone dialing would get stuck on tone until dialing another number
- Improves reliability when using handwriting, Bluetooth keyboards, and Braille displays with VoiceOver

Fixes an issue that was preventing the use of OS X Caching Server for iOS updates

@Napoleon PhoneApart ... ROTATION BABY!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Ditto! I am lazy and like the option to send and receive from the Mac. Often times my phone is across the room but my Mac is right in front of my face or within reaching distance...

I knew Apple Pay would not work as I use a small bank. I emailed them last month asking if they would support it, and never received a response.. I will wait and see. If they don't support it by next year, I will email them again..
If you can't add your card yet, will NFC still be useable? How is payment processed using NFC? iTunes, or through your bank?

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I started a text on my Mac and had a pop up asking if I wanted to use the feature. Then it displayed a code that I entered on the iPhone...

After that initial set up, it all works fine between the 2..
Well, mine is not working. Hopefully it will magically start working.