Apple has released OS X 10.11.4

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Rafagon, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Apple has released OS X 10.11.4.

The release notes are:

• Adds the ability to passcode-protect notes containing personal data in Notes
    • Adds the ability to sort notes alphabetically, by date created, or date modified in Notes
    • Adds the ability to import Evernote files into Notes
    • Adds support for sharing Live Photos between iOS and OS X via AirDrop and Messages
    • Addresses an issue that may cause RAW images to open slowly in Photos
    • Adds the ability for iBooks to store PDFs in iCloud, making them available across all your devices
    • Fixes an issue that prevented loading Twitter t.co links in Safari
    • Prevents JavaScript dialogs from blocking access to other webpages in Safari
    • Fixes an issue that prevented the VIPs mailbox from working with Gmail accounts
    • Fixes an issue that caused USB audio devices to disconnect
    • Improves the compatibility and reliability of Apple USB-C Multipart Adapters

Musings? Issues? Complaints?

I noticed the same odd behavior in Notes as in the iOS version of the app. Well, “odd” in my opinion, anyways. Yours may vary.

Why would the operating system allow deletion of a “locked" note? “Locked” implies protected. If anyone can just walk up to my computer and delete my locked note, then what kind of half-assed protection is the operating system affording to the note in question?

NotSoLocked,IsIt!.png

2. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Did the update this morning - painless & took about 25 min all told - Airdrop now much faster to show iMac as a device in proximity with my iPhone or iPad