Apple has seeded iOS 7 beta 6

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's only 13.5MB. Don't expect anything magical. The biggest change:

The update addresses an issue with iTunes in the Cloud, where some purchases may download or play unexpected items. It also includes a number of bug fixes and improvements.

If you find anything new, please post it here.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Moving quick with these betas, huh?
That's what I was thinking. I'm guessing that today's earlier report that beta 6 would be the 'end of the betas' is incorrect. I'm guessing at least one more beta. iOS 7 beta 7 sounds too good to pass up. 7 on 7. At this pace, why not release on the 29th or so, allowing for the final on the 5th (or 10th).

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I think that ship has sailed. I posted in another thread how I thought they might surprise everyone with tweaked icons, but that's look less and less likely.
I agree. I just don't think it suits the style of the iPhone y'know? Like the plastic colourful Android devices look ok with the bright and colourful icons. But the sleek white or black aluminium and glass of the iPhone just doesn't suit the bright colourful icons. I think if we see the 5C then the icons will make sense.

Grayburn

Bronze
Sep 23, 2010
London, UK
I agree. I just don't think it suits the style of the iPhone y'know? Like the plastic colourful Android devices look ok with the bright and colourful icons. But the sleek white or black aluminium and glass of the iPhone just doesn't suit the bright colourful icons. I think if we see the 5C then the icons will make sense.

Those awful icons are the reason i'm not gonna update to it and probably buy a HTC one, my 5 is staying on iOS6.

I expected so much better from Jony Ive and whoever else was involved in it.

I tried a couple of the betas and within an hour of each installation i was back on iOS 6.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Boggles my mind how many people will dump a phone over something as inconsequential as stock app icons.
Couldn't agree more. It amazes me that people will put the style and color of the stock app icons ahead of the functionality of the phone. O_o

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Boggles my mind how many people will dump a phone over something as inconsequential as stock app icons.
It amuses me. The majority of my time looking at my phone is when I'm within an app or the camera. I couldn't care less if the UI/UX was just a list of apps in text. Apps experience and camera performance are my top priorities to me.

Phiphi

May 16, 2011
My iPhone 5 still crashes when I open find my phone app. Is it my phone or it is bugs from ios 7 beta. I had beta 6 installed. Thanks

RolandSeh

Feb 22, 2012
My iPhone 5 still crashes when I open find my phone app. Is it my phone or it is bugs from ios 7 beta. I had beta 6 installed. Thanks
Could be some of the apps not yet compatible with iOS7. I have had some apps running but the buttons in it being misaligned or looking weird.