Apple HDMI Adapter... to RCA?

shakedotazz

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Hi,

I have an HDMI Adapter that I have been using since the iPad2 launched. Anyway, I recently got a portable LCD TV for my car that only has an RCA input. Will the HDMI Adapter work with an HDMI to RCA cable, or will I have to get a little box that converts digital signal from HDMI to RCA?

thanks! (y)

Aug 31, 2010
This is exactly what I need, but I'm reading reviews that say devices on iOS 6 are only showing sound and not video. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff and don't want to waste my money if video won't come through.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
This is exactly what I need, but I'm reading reviews that say devices on iOS 6 are only showing sound and not video. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff and don't want to waste my money if video won't come through.
That's only devices with the lightning connector. The lightning connector is digital, and does not support video to analog connections.
That means that the iPad 2, iPad, and all versions of iPhone up to the 4s still output analog video.

Aug 31, 2010
That's only devices with the lightning connector. The lightning connector is digital, and does not support video to analog connections.
That means that the iPad 2, iPad, and all versions of iPhone up to the 4s still output analog video.
So my 4S should work just fine with this cable. Perfect, thank you! :)