Apple Hiring Process

iVanessa

Oct 10, 2011
www.youtube.com
I recently went through the Apple hiring process :confused:

In case anyone was wondering what it was like:
(((sorry guys, had to remove the video because I'm STILL going through the hiring process)))

:LOL:

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I'm sorry to hear that. I've got to give you credit, though, because this is probably the first time that I actually sit through a video and hear what the person has to say. You're a good speaker. :)

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Agree that your YouTube comment could only have hurt things. Apple is secretive and maintains a ton of control. They don't need to take in someone knowing that person regularly publishes on YouTube.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, it's a shame because they can use someone with your personality, knowledge and enthusiasm.

I have come to expect a certain kind of person working at Apple stores and some of them do not fit character. I think Apple and Starbucks do a pretty good job hiring enthusiastic people to work for them.

One last thing, your video is very entertaining. I'm the same way as a previous post and never watch any type of bloggish videos all the way through, but you are a good speaker and kept my interest. In fact, I may go back and watch some of the other vids on your channel.

Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I really enjoyed your video. Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, but don't give up. You have a wonderful personality and should be able to get your foot in the door at Apple somehow, some way.

iVanessa

Oct 10, 2011
www.youtube.com
thanks so much, guys! :)

I applied to another Apple store, for the hell of it... just to see what happens! looking back I realize I shouldn't have mentioned my YouTube videos. :barefoot: oh well!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
There is no doubt in my mind they will find them anyways. I am sure, like most companies big or small, they google you. Look at your face book. I know my job does. I am certainly safe. Never had face book and nothing pops up on google. People forget that when they put everything online. Specially the millennial's.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
There is no doubt in my mind they will find them anyways. I am sure, like most companies big or small, they google you. Look at your face book. I know my job does. I am certainly safe. Never had face book and nothing pops up on google. People forget that when they put everything online. Specially the millennial's.
I hope for you they never found out about this place :D

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Awwww only one person knows my "real" name here. Lol I'm all ready hired anyways lol
I might apply for a job at Apple just to see if they'd hire me, even thou I would never work for them.

Good luck Vanessa, let us know how that one goes.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I might apply for a job at Apple just to see if they'd hire me, even thou I would never work for them.

Good luck Vanessa, let us know how that one goes.
Hmm. Maybe I should apply for laughs. Would agree that I'd need to find a red pill if I ended up getting hired.

Oct 3, 2009
Had to get 5 Mac Pros plus full licenses of CS one year and they put me on their file. It's purely a store based thing and best to walk-in/call ahead mentioning the right names.

Sorry, wasn't directed at you. Just a comment about the video.