Apple icon on back of 3G

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
i wonder if the Apple icon on back of 3g lights up...like the icon on my macbook...:cool::laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nice idea. The 3G will already watch my MacBook, but a glowing Apple.

- John

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...yeah it would be cool...man Apple need to pay me for these ideas...

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
...yeah it would be cool...man Apple need to pay me for these ideas...
I'd pay an extra $10 a month for the light up Apple icon and wouldn't give 2 scoops of raisins about the 3G!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I'd pay an extra $10 a month for the light up Apple icon and wouldn't give 2 scoops of raisins about the 3G!

LOL...i hear you on that...think how cool that would be to be talkin' (especially at night) the Apple icon is lit' up...fresh...i wouldn't use hands free just for that...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the only reason they do it on macbooks is because there's nothing obstructing the LCD backlight from the Apple logo... whereas on the iPhone there's tons of crap in the way.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'll say no, because there's no way that Stevo leaves that little feature off the Keynote.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
It would be cool if it could change colors based on what's happening.

Red for low battery, or ending a call
Green for an incoming call (or if you are on the phone so other people will see that you are)
Blue for new email/SMS
And Orange for a missed call/voicemail
And if you have more than one of the occasions listed above, it could slowly change between colors. Let's say you have a new SMS, and a Low battery...it would slowly change from blue to red and back to blue again, then repeat the process.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD

Green for an incoming call (or if you are on the phone so other people will see that you are)
Blue for new email/SMS
And if you have more than one of the occasions listed above, it could slowly change between colors. Let's say you have a new SMS, and a Low battery...it would slowly change from blue to red and back to blue again, then repeat the process.
That would be cool, but most people don't lay their iPhones face-first so it wouldn't serve as a very good LED indicator. Which I wish the iPhone had, because I've grown accustomed to it from my past life as a Treo and Blackberry user....lol

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
I say no because:
1. Battery Life
2. Probably wouldn't illuminate in the color I wanted
3. Probbaly wouldn't have brightness adjustment
4. Something else to go wrong
:)

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
it would be cool to have it light up like the sidekick. with those blue lights. that looks cool. just put it on your dashboard and pull people over.

but with the ipod and iPhone's notoriously bad battery life then I would.....

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i don't want my phone looking like a rice-rocket, thank you.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Its not a bad idea, IMO, but I would like it to be just white, and only on when the phones screen is on.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

Blue for new email/SMS
ah now that's fresh...i was just wondering if it was light up white...you took that thing to whole 'nother level...fresh!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
That would be cool, but most people don't lay their iPhones face-first so it wouldn't serve as a very good LED indicator. Which I wish the iPhone had, because I've grown accustomed to it from my past life as a Treo and Blackberry user....lol
Oh boy funlights on the iPhone. That would remind me of my Motorola ROKR.:cool: