Apple in-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Does anyone have any rumors on when the new Apple in-Ear headphones are being released? The Apple store just says the "Shipping Soon" and I've read its supposed to be October.

Also, it doesn't say they are compatible with the iPhone 3G. I find that hard to believe.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Not compatible probably means that they won't have a microphone on them, like the current ones.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
good luck! I am not that good on the rumor mill. too many wanks pissin lies and try to rep up. if u found that info you should be able to find the rest.

where in the description did it say anything about a mike?
"Apple says the "Shipping Soon" and I've read its supposed to be October. Also, it doesn't say they are compatible with the iPhone 3G. I find that hard to believe."

so you going to buy it for the iPhone if its not compatable?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
good luck! I am not that good on the rumor mill. too many wanks pissin lies and try to rep up. if u found that info you should be able to find the rest.

where in the description did it say anything about a mike?
"Apple says the "Shipping Soon" and I've read its supposed to be October. Also, it doesn't say they are compatible with the iPhone 3G. I find that hard to believe."

so you going to buy it for the iPhone if its not compatable?

Right here on the Apple website it says that they have a mic http://www.apple.com/ipod/inearheadphones/

Also at the bottom it has a box titled compatibility information
The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models.

Ugh... I've been waiting for these headphones. It's now almost December and there is no sign of them, even though Jobs said to expect them in october. Maybe they are in the same place as push for the 3rd-party apps. I have a feeling that the mic and remote are just not compatible at this moment, but there is a planned iPhone software update to fix that. I hope that's the case because I am hooked on the remote. Any one else have news on the release date?

geekgrrl

Nov 20, 2008
I was weary of the wait, so I purchased Griffin Smart Talk mic (with switch that does apple-stuff with the music) from MacMall. I already have some very nice stereo earbuds I like. I'm satisfied.

I may not purchase the Apple set, because I have something that works and because the Apple set are white, causing a maximum "gotta-steal that" response.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, i'm not a fan of the white either. hate to be pigeonholed as an Apple fanboy... as superficial as that is. Otherwise, they look nice. I'd be curious to hear how they sound and feel.

If i had to guess, i'd say the mic is not supported on the iPhone because of voice recording for memos.

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
They are out now. From what I've read its just the volume control that is not compatible with the iPhone 3G. Everything else works. Its be nice to hear from someone who has bought and tried them.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
That's not such a big deal... I've gotten pretty used to adjusting the volume through a layer of fabric when the phone is in my pocket. Although it could be a pain for people that like to keep it in a bag or backpack while listening to music.

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
so yeah... here it says everything except volume controls work on both iPhones.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3310
Yeah, I just confirmed this same info with an Apple Tech rep. Thanks to all who stuck with this thread.

Now I'd like like to hear from someone who actually used them and what their experience was like.
----------------
Obama '08

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hmm... it says the normal stereo headphones (no mic or clicker) are included in the box for iPhones... which is not true, so i imagine it's a typo.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
agg, i see, i just read the entire thing, i get the number system, ill be picking these up shortly, cant they fix the volume thing via a update?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
agg, i see, i just read the entire thing, i get the number system, ill be picking these up shortly, cant they fix the volume thing via a update?
ya, all the hardware is already there so only a software update would be necessary

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I think we should know better than to hope for a software fix.