Apple in News I am soo ticked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple iAddicted, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

I found a nightline news feed on youtube about Foxconn. Now let me state this my mother in law said she watched a Good Morning America report on this and that Apple employed children and paid 2 bucks a day and that they were treated so bad. Nightline went in the iFactory workers were 17 to 30 and starting pay is 1.78 an hour not a day. Why do people insist on making things sound worse than they are.... My father in law even told her that could be high pay in China cause their economy not like ours and she went off on him fussing that Apple was cheap and slave labor, she just kept on and on.
    Personally I bagan summer jobs at 13 and I know over seas stuff is way different from America so all I say is get your facts straight before you diss any company. She also needs to hear that Dell and many other Electronics are built by Foxconn under the same pay and work conditions. They are in a clean room full sercurity, get a dorm room they share with 7 people for 17 a month. Try finding that in America! I for one liked college dorm life so there a few extra people there you sleep there how much room you need.

I know I'm ranting but how do you all feel about your hand built Chinese assembled iPhones? Would you rather Apple move here pay tripple the labor to arogant, complaining, and never satisfied American employees and we pay double or tripple the price for Apple products while all the competitors stay in China and take full advantage of cheap labor.
    Sorry but Americans brought this on ourselves complaining to raise minimum wage on ignorance cause everything else goes up but the people who already topped out above minimum wage suffer cause they didn't get that extra 2 bucks an hour!
    Just had to vent about our snobby American Values lol we need to mind our own businesss and cut off the tv more.

2. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Some reporter I overheard on the news said it best, I think (and I'm paraphrasing here):

The manufacturing culture in China is just totally different than in the US. It's more than just the low wages that they're willing to work at, it's the whole way it's set up. Just completely different than the U.S. As a society, you can either choose to be the consumers of high tech or the creators, but you won't really find a middle ground.

3. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

That's so true....bad part is these workers will never get to own their own iPad cause you can't buy one in China, my because travels there for businesss and an associate there in China bought his old iPad because he said they can't sell them in China

4. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

1. Foxconn is an independent manufacturing facility and produces products for many different companies, not just Apple.
    2. Foxconn is a Chinese company and Apple (or any other company that uses them) do not get to set wages or policy.
    3. The iPad is available for sale in China. They're selling like hotcakes.