Apple In Store (AT&T NEXT)

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Cjvdh, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Ok so tonight I was browsing Apple's website because I am bored and already tired of waiting for to get my iPhone 6 plus even though I only ordered a week and a half ago I am already sick and tired of waiting and I know Apple is doing everything they can on there end however I am just impatient as CRAP! So I was browsing and seen all the sudden like 2-3 Apple stores within a 2 hour driving radius and I seen "available" light up in green so I proceeded to the checkout knowing it wouldn't let me go the whole way with trying to upgrade through NEXT however I was thinking there might be a way around it and there isn't !! Frustrated I called Apple and explained I waited in line launch day couldn't get the phone I wanted so I placed and order and have waited roughly 12 days and haven't seen any movement she told me it would probably be shipping middle of next week but she wasn't 100% sure. I explained to her my frustration and seeing local stores that have stock and not being able to acquire one that route I also vented to her about how stupid it is that you can't proceed to checkout with NEXT. She told me she will call the retail store manager in the morning to see if he would possibly accommodate and considering holding it for me to get down there. She did tell me usually there is a good outcome specially if Apple is doing the asking so I guess I will find out tomorrow if I am driving an hour away to go pick it up. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO DARN CONFUSING!!! I will keep you guys updated you think I have a decent shot?

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Noting beats a Fail but a Try. At least the Apple rep is taking a chance and asking. It may mean something coming from Apple, IDK. You and I can only hope so and cross our fingers. It's all a crap shoot. The chance I took was a crap shoot but it panned out. Hopefully this will pan out for you, if not, your order is still in the system and it may ship sooner than anticipated.

Let us know how it goes ASAP! We are in your corner!

Hopefully this will guide Apple to make more than enough, so next time with the launch of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus there's enough to go around for those who are waiting for the S's and those who missed out on the initial launch of the Big iPhone.

3. Coolstrategist

Bronze

I have not ordered anything yet, but my situation is similar. I want a 6 plus so I went online last night and also noticed two Apple stores within 30 minutes of me that said "available". I drove to one of the Apple stores and arrived about 8:45pm last night.
    The sales person told me that they were out of their "allotment" for that day. I explained that it showed in stock, that I wanted to use ATT Next, and that I was unable to order online. She said they have been getting a few 6 plus every week but sell out each day.
    She then coyly smiled and said that her "sources" tell her that they will have more 6 plus stock on Friday morning and that I should arrive when they open. She also said there have not been any lines awaiting their 6 plus morning stock.
    So that's my plan of attack for Friday. She made it very clear that they have been getting them in and selling first come first served.

Oh...I forgot to add...I asked her if they would get any 128 g on Friday, and without any hesitation, in front of other Apple staff, she said absolutely.

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hey Now! That sounds good! Take off of work. Call in sick, personal day, vacation day, whatever it'll take, but be there first thing on Friday morning. I hope it pans out for you on Friday. Let us know all about it.

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

CJ,

Punctuation. Paragraphs. Please.

6. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Either I am misreading your message or I am just flat out not understanding what happened. I ordered my 6+ through the Apple Store App and I got it through the Next program with AT&T. At checkout I paid for taxes and nothing else.

7. Coolstrategist

Bronze

I believe his point was that many on this board (and some Apple store staff) refer to the inability to order a phone on the ATT Next program via Apples's online site AND reserve for pickup when stock is listed as available.
    You were able to do this?

8. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Gotcha. No I had to have to phone shipped to my home. It states that you cannot have a Next phone sent to the store. You can purchase one at the store under Next I think but the problem there is that most, if not all inventory at the stores is already accounted for.

Sent using iCafe app

9. Coolstrategist

Bronze

Cool.
    Well as you can see from my post above, the Apple folks at one of my local stores claim that they will have 6 plus stock in the morning, and that I can show up without preorder and buy using NEXT. They have been doing it all week.
    I will definitely let people know how it goes.

10. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

NEVER!!!!!

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I was going to go there when I read his post yesterday, but I thought I'd give him a break. Good to see you have my back, though. :D

12. Coolstrategist

Bronze

Just walked in the Apple store at 10 am like they told me to do on Wednesday. No line.
    Grabbed a gold 6 plus 128 GB on ATT NEXT. Out the door fully set up in 10 minutes.
    That was incredibly easy.

13. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I bought mine and it got shipped to the store but the rep did it?

14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

15. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Nope didn't get anything I'm still waiting on mine to ship from Apple.