Apple Internet Patch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

darita

Jul 19, 2007
Earlier this week I heard that there might be a problem with iPhone hackers via the internet. Apple announced a patch soon. Does anyone have any patches for this?

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
there have currently been no updates released for any part of the iPhone. We are all waiting on what will be updated by Apple.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, the Web 2.0 stuff apparently has some vulnerability that if Apple doesn't patch it in X number of days, the hacking group that discovered it will release the hack which will make it easy for malicious website operators to gain personal info from our phones.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, the Web 2.0 stuff apparently has some vulnerability that if Apple doesn't patch it in X number of days, the hacking group that discovered it will release the hack which will make it easy for malicious website operators to gain personal info from our phones.
that would definitely suck :(

darita

Jul 19, 2007
I am in no way, an expert on this issue. Would it be wise to not use safari until this issue is taken care of? The news report I heard said to do so. What do you guys think?

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I think people are getting excited about too much. You have to click on a click that goes to the code that executes to get around the security flaw.

So if you only go to sites you know are OK there is no problem.

Hint: don't go to russian sites offering free music downloads! :)