Apple invite for iPad event: "It's been way too long."

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2' started by Hinezy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Maybe they are kidding, because really, it hasn't been very long. That or maybe they are referring to something other than new iPads. The word on the street is that new Macs are also going to have a heavy presence, which makes sense.

3. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

It's been way too long that we've been watching TV in this old, dated form! I'd love if it was the answer to the al la carte TV solution via AppleTV!

Sent from my iPhone 5

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

That would certainly fit the quote. I've been extremely vocal about my love for TV and how it desperately needs to rethinking. My concern remains the cable companies and content providers. They have a chokehold on customers and there's no incentive to allow Apple or anyone to get their foot in the door.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Fingers crossed for a 4" iPad mini Retina phone. It's been way too long since they launched anything small. :D

6. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Has to be for a Mac update. Mac mini's haven't been refreshed in ages. Same thing for Apple Tv.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

A photo shows an alleged 2 GB RAM chip for the iPad Air 2. Would this be the first iDevice ever to have more than 1 GB of RAM, or has this happened on a previous iPad?

No word yet on whether the iPad Air 2 will feature Apple's innovative new metal that was introduced with the iPhone 6 Plus, which bends as it adujusts to fit the countours of your butt, providing a comfortable experience when sat on.

15481459612_863bfc7925_b-640x480.jpg

(Photo via Cult of Mac.)

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Apple news and rumor site MacRumors claims to have been tipped off by one 苹果公司10月16日将有一个免费的翻译成中国人。of their sources that the October 16th event will be live-streamed. 苹果是真棒!

toolong.jpg

Oops, technical glitch. Sorry.

#8 Rafagon, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

A photo of an alleged leaked logic board from the iPad Air 2 (in other words, nothing is set in stone yet) reveals that Apple may continue clinging to the 16GB variant of its tablet when it is announced in a little over two days and two hours from now. If this turns out to be true, then it is clearly a move by the Cupertino company to not-so-gently nudge users into buying the more expensive (and more profitable, for Apple) models of its tablet. The linked article goes on to speculate that Apple may choose the same 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB configurations as it used for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.