Apple iPad mini event scheduled for October 23rd

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
My excitement is at a little higher than 'Mini' level. :)

Going to be fun couple weeks - iPad Mini unveiling and launch, MS Surface launch, maybe some new Macs.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Woot! Woot! I'll be the 1st to Order that badboy!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I'm still holding out hope for a retna MacBook air!

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
iPad Jr.

But, I believe this will be the biggest flop in Apple history. This will make MobileMe look small.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
iPad Jr.

But, I believe this will be the biggest flop in Apple history. This will make MobileMe look small.

Doubt it. If anything people will stop buying larger iPads and purchase the mini. Price point will be a huge, as it needs to compete with cheaper Android tablets.

How about "The Little iPad"?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Doubt it. If anything people will stop buying larger iPads and purchase the mini. Price point will be a huge, as it needs to compete with cheaper Android tablets.

So now we will have Mini & Maxi pads.
Oh wait...

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com

The little iPad that could.

leggz2di4

Bronze
Jul 26, 2010
New York
Still think I will be purchasing this for xmas for my 4 year old.

iPhone5 finally!
Loving my iPad 2.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Just got off the phone with Apple and the guy told me (we were talking about MBA retna) and I think he let it slip. He said its comming, they are announcing a lot of "new" products next week. I hope it's just not wishful thinking! Ughh I want one!

ZAT

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
iPad Jr.

I think it will all depend on price point. Make a 7" iPad and charge $399 for a 16gig version and it will indeed suck. Do it for $299 and compete with the 16gig Nexus and I think it will sell. I know I'd buy one at that price. Any higher and I'm buying a Nexus.

The other thing that will sour people is the availability or lack there of. It's one thing to be in back order the first few days after launch, but to still be 3-4 weeks out after a month on the market is annoying. With an end of October launch date people aren't going to be happy if they can't get their hands on units for Christmas.