Apple iPhone 5s Case - Black

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by budala15, Feb 5, 2014.

1. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This case looks very familiar to me. Does it only protect the back? If yes, $40 doesn't seem right to me for JUST a back case.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That's a great leather case. In terms of quality, it rivals some of the designer $200 cases. It offers some protection, but not as much as other types of cases. If you're more concerned with look and feel, rather than protection, then it's worth $39.

4. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I have the Belkin candy sheer case. It seems as if it covers the front side better than the Apple case. The lip is fatter. The problem with the Belkin case is that it's slips out of my hands too much.

5. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have it and use it daily. Got a few nicks and scratches, but it gives it character. It has held up well. Still soft and classy looking. I recommend it. I use it with a moshi screen cover.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

8. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

Is it your favorite case?

9. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I've always loved silicone cases like the Switcheasy Colors cases.

10. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

[​IMG]

Picked one up. Love it!

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Most definitely. I've used the Otterbox Defender for a long time now. I love it minus the dirt and dust.

#11 MoneyMaker79, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nice try, case spammer. Spam case links are not allowed in your profile. Anyway, it's personal preference. Some people prefer the look, feel, and quality of the leather Apple cases. I don't want a bulky case. I'd rather use a minimalistic Apple case.

#12 Europa, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do you have a suggestion for a minimalistic case that's dirt free and protects the whole phone?

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I wanted to play a bit longer. :(

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm more bloodthirsty than you. :D

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're also a plagiarist. :D

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Funny thing with my Otterbox Defender. For a while I would get bits of debris under the protective screen. Twice over a couple months I removed the case and cleaned it. After the third cleaning, I never saw any more spots of dust, lint or debris. I have no clue why not. Also, the replacement Defender case Otter sent for my wife's 5c has been great. No issues there. The protective screen fits flush with the phone's screen and no dust or debris yet. It's a different case than the one I first got from Verizon. Although Otter won't admit it, I believe they made a new one after seeing all the complaints. Otter's customer service was great. They sent a free warranty replacement case, but did not want the defective case sent to them. Verizon said to return it to them, so I did. They credited my account for the cost of the case. So now I feel I've cheated someone, because I ended up with a free Otterbox Defender. :unsure:

18. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That is awesome. Yeah that's one thing I love about Otterbox. They will send a free replacement no matter what, and they don't care to get the messed up one back. One time they accidentally sent me 3. They said to keep them.

19. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

I would need to see how it feels on the hand.. I like it very thin so hopefully it will feel thing but solid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. sticko

sticko New Member

The shell case is my favorite because of its snug fit and access to TouchID. The Lifeproof is protection on steroids but without TouchID (which I use) it's limiting. The Commuter case was very disappointing by comparison as it is simply too cheap and the flaps for the headphone and Lightning ports didn't rest inside the case like other cases I have used did.