Apple iPhone Bluetooth vs Jawbone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
This is your opportunity to express which Bluetooth device you prefer. I just recently returned the Apple Bluetooth because of static and bad fit for me. I have ordered the Jawbone. Which do you prefer?

Last edited by a moderator:

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I own the jawbone and like it a lot. It is the best I have owned so far. The noise isolation feature works like a charge. There is no static and the callers can hear me very well if not too well! if you have any fitting issues in your ear, try and grab a pack of Jabra ear gels. You can grab them at Radioshack. They are on sale for around 5 dollars. I have the mediums installed on the jawbone and there is no need to use the ear hook and they are very comfortable.

- Garrett

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Got the Apple bluetooth and it is sexy! It works well for what I use it for. No problem with the iPhone in pocket. More importantly everyone says I sound just as clear as if I was on the iPhone. Love it. Plus it is TINY!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I had a friend of mine that got the Apple bluetooth, but took it back, did not fit well, and static. He took it back and got the jawbone.

So I then got the jawbone, and I must say it works well, and the noise cancellation is great. When the gardner came I went outside and was near the leaf blower and called my answering machine and left a message, I was amazed that it was so clear...that's the fact!

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Yes the Jawbone is a great piece of technology. If you can afford it and looking at the Apple bluetooth headset, I would strongly recommend giving the jawbone a try. Yes it may be a little bulky, but the bulk is worth the performance this thing offers.

- Garrett

Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, Ca
So first let me start by saying that I've owned the Jawbone since January 07 before most new what a Jawbone was and it does work as advertised. The problem I had with it was comfort. It didn't matter what combination of earbud and earloop I used, left ear or right ear, over a period of time it started to put pressure on my ear and hurt. The sound quality was always very clear (w/my Treo 750) but thin an tinny or hollow sounding and because of it's size it was always a chore as to were to put it when I took it off my ear. It doesn't fit well in a pants pocket without the fear of breaking the earloop off.
So when I got my iPhone and started to get bored with the Jawbone I decided it was time for something new and I got the Apple BT. Everything about it is "cool" and I wanted nothing more than to really like it despite all of the negative reviews I read the only way for me to know was try it out myself and draw my own conclusion. I used it for about a week and had terrible static so I took it back to the Apple store and exchanged it for another thinking maybe I had a defective one. Well the second one does work way better than the first but still has static which is annoying as heck and I continue to have connection issues every morning just turning on both the iPhone and the BT to start my day. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it shouldn't be that difficult. So last night I thought to myself, let's try the Apple BT with my wifes Moto Razor and see how it works. It was absolutely flawless! I put the Razor deep in my pocket while having a conversation and no static. I set the phone down on the counter and starting walking away with no static until I got about 25-28 ft away! I can live with that. So what's the issue hear? Is it really the Apple BT or the BT implementation on the iPhone? I'm thinking that there is a software issue with the iPhone as it relates to the Apple BT headset and there really isn't any issue with the Apple BT. Perhaps future iPhone firmware updates (v1.1.1) will resolve this problem. One can only hope....

Any thoughts to this?

But heck either way I went back to the Apple store and applied my $100 rebate and for a net cost of $29, I'm keeping it! :cool:

P.S.
I had always been a big fan and indorser of the Jawbone but when my earloop started to come apart (rubber failing) and the top rim started to rust, yes rust, I called Aliph and asked about a replacement (1 yr warranty right?) "Sorry but the earloops and ear buds are not covered under the warranty. I can send you another set for $9.95 + tax and shipping". That was the turning point for me and I was done w/Jawbone's!

Greg

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hey Millertime,

Good post for thought, I will be looking for the rust. I also think that there is a BT problem with the iPhone, as just walking around sometime I get a beep that it is losing its pairing, or I can only walk 10 feet and will lose it.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
I got the Apple headset and was disappointed by poor sound quality, poor signal strength and static. I bought the Jawbone and have been very happy with it.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I bought the Jawbone first. Though the sound quality is excellent (as reported to me by those I talked with), I didn't like the weight and bulkiness of it. It also never really "fit" good on my ear. So, I decided to order an Apple bluetooth, which I've now been using for about 3 weeks. I've had no reports of static from those I talk to (and hear none myself), though I would assume that in high noise environments (outside with cars passing by, etc.) it probably won't cancel the noise as well as the Jawbone. I really like the small size and lightness of it, and how it fits into my ear.

All in all, I prefer the Apple bluetooth for it's fit and comfort. I don't often use the phone in very noisy environments anyway. An added plus for the Apple bluetooth is the cradle it comes with that can be kept plugged into your USB port both for syncing, etc. and charging, and it accepts both the iPhone and the bluetooth; it also comes with a portable unit that also accepts both units for charging, and I use that in my car. The Jawbone doesn't come with a cradle like that, but comes with only an AC charging adaptor.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Got the J B! Almost forget it's on sometimes. First bt headset ever. No problems with it. Bought it at the Apple store with my rebate :)

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks for the comment, I am expecting my Jawbone Wednesday or Thursday. I really wish it had worked with the Apple Bluetooth, but way to much static. Maybe if Apple comes out with a software fix which sounds like the problem is not with the headset but the iPhone, maybe I will try the Apple headset again, ;)