Apple iPhone event announced for Wednesday, September 9th, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
What do we know about The Bill Graham Civic Auditorium?

1280px-Grahamauditorium.jpg

The Bill Graham Civic Auditorium…
  • is located at 99 Grove Street, San Francisco, California
  • is owned by the City of San Francisco
  • has a capacity of 7,000 humans
  • was opened in 1915 as the "San Francisco Civic Auditorium"
  • hosted the Democratic National Convention in 1920
  • was home to the NBA's Golden State Warriors from 1964 to 1966
  • was renamed to its current name in 1992, in honor of businessman and promoter Bill Graham, né Wulf Wolodia Grajonca
  • is operated by Another Planet Entertainment (since 2010)
  • has hosted well-known artists including The Grateful Dead, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Who, Janis Joplin, and Jefferson Airplane
  • reportedly has "terribly uncomfortable" seats and only sixteen toilets for women in the entire building

Last edited:

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
A couple things I've read dealing with some analysis of the invite. One - the image seems to symbolize a force touch. A finger as the Apple leaf pushing down on a surface, the apple. So force touch is implied and likely on the new iPhones. Second, the colors and scheme are very similar to what Siri looks like on the Apple Watch. Not sure what this means, but considering the text on the invite image specifically called out Siri, maybe there is more improvement to Siri than we've already been led onto. Exiting stuff.

One theory is that Siri will be activated by a Force Touch...

Attachments

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
One thing we're not likely to see is the 32 gb base model. It looks as though they're sticking with the 16 gb. If the leaked pic of the box is to be believed. 64 gb here I come.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
A popular tech site is reporting that "trusted sources" claim that Apple is planning to introduce two new iPads at next week's big event: The long-rumored "iPad Pro" and a refreshed version of the iPad mini, dubbed the "iPad mini 4."

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I'm most excited about the AppleTV. lol Roku just sent out an email today saying they will no longer support original Roku hardware, of which I have one, and it's slow as heck. But I also have a newer one that works great. So I'll be looking for a replacement for the old one.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm most excited about the AppleTV. lol Roku just sent out an email today saying they will no longer support original Roku hardware, of which I have one, and it's slow as heck. But I also have a newer one that works great. So I'll be looking for a replacement for the old one.
9to5Mac claims to know quite a bit about the upcoming Apple TV model(s):

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/02/apple-tv-4-2015-specs/

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Apple has been decorating the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium ahead of the "Hey, Siri" event.

A white Apple logo with rainbow-colored accents against a blue background is shown on one wall of the auditorium, shared by CBS/CNET photographer James Martin:

a2b.jpg