Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
You can never trust that kidn of stuff. What did they consider a smartphone? There are plenty of ways to lie with statistics.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
iPhone's not a smartphone, nor even a crossover device. It's a feature phone 100%. It may have the Apple OS and computer like hardware but it doesn't have computer like functionality. My walkman phone had email, intwrnet, and music and it's not a smsrtphone either. But with that phone you could download games from www.getjar.com or countless other websites and install 3rd party software. You can't even do THAT with the iPhone.

Not a smartphone, not even close.

Unless it's hacked/modded.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
iPhone's not a smartphone, nor even a crossover device. It's a feature phone 100%. It may have the Apple OS and computer like hardware but it doesn't have computer like functionality. My walkman phone had email, intwrnet, and music and it's not a smsrtphone either. But with that phone you could download games from www.getjar.com or countless other websites and install 3rd party software. You can't even do THAT with the iPhone.

Not a smartphone, not even close.

Unless it's hacked/modded.
This is exactly what I mean. The term "smartphone" is very loosely defined and can be said to be whatever the person using the term wishes it to be to prove his own point.