Apple iPhone Outsells All Smartphones In U.S. In July

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
You can never trust that kidn of stuff. What did they consider a smartphone? There are plenty of ways to lie with statistics.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
iPhone's not a smartphone, nor even a crossover device. It's a feature phone 100%. It may have the Apple OS and computer like hardware but it doesn't have computer like functionality. My walkman phone had email, intwrnet, and music and it's not a smsrtphone either. But with that phone you could download games from www.getjar.com or countless other websites and install 3rd party software. You can't even do THAT with the iPhone.

Not a smartphone, not even close.

Unless it's hacked/modded.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
iPhone's not a smartphone, nor even a crossover device. It's a feature phone 100%. It may have the Apple OS and computer like hardware but it doesn't have computer like functionality. My walkman phone had email, intwrnet, and music and it's not a smsrtphone either. But with that phone you could download games from www.getjar.com or countless other websites and install 3rd party software. You can't even do THAT with the iPhone.

Not a smartphone, not even close.

Unless it's hacked/modded.
This is exactly what I mean. The term "smartphone" is very loosely defined and can be said to be whatever the person using the term wishes it to be to prove his own point.