Apple iPhone replacement

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I was recently at the Apple to get a replacement because my Power/Wake button was very difficult to press; and the home button actually made a clicking sound, as if it were stuck on something.

I asked the genius about the phone the phone he was about to give me. He said that everything on the outside of the phone, casing, glass screen, bezel, etc. anything that can be touched by the user is all brand new. The only thing that could get replaced is the logic board and/or the battery depending on the condition of both.

I asked him this because there has been some controversy about them giving refurbished phones or new phones. Some may consider this refurbished, but I always thought of refurbished as just cleaned up a little on the outside.

Hope this clears things up for some people.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Having a refurbished is still better than having a broken phone, right? And also if anything happens, you can just replace.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm working on my 3rd 3G replacement and each time the phone looks absolutely perfect and brand new. I still have the light leakage issue but hopefully another replacement in the future will fix that.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Where is the light leakage?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's on the left side of the screen, between the glass and the bezel. All 3 of my 3Gs have had the problem now. It seems to be getting better with each replacement but it's still noticeable (and annoying to know that it's there).

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
It's on the left side of the screen, between the glass and the bezel. All 3 of my 3Gs have had the problem now. It seems to be getting better with each replacement but it's still noticeable (and annoying to know that it's there).
That sucks, I am on my 3rd 3G as well, but this one is near perfect. I have never had the light problem though, something like that would bother me. Others may not notice it, but that would always catch my eye if that was on my phone.