Apple iPhone software and Bluetooth problem

jakhsnil

May 19, 2008
i have recently purchased Apple 1.1.4 version iPhone my problem is
1. whatever softwares are in installer when i tried to download it shows messge that "Error package download failed:can't find host"
and "could not activate EDGE: you are not subscribed to EDGE" so what is that?
2. i am not able to use my sony ericcsoon bluetooth .when i tried to find devices in iPhone it runs for so many time and doesn't find any bluetooth
3.from where i can download ringtones for iPhone
4.is there any software for version 1.1.4 that i can use my all songs which i downloaded as ring tones?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
EDGE is the data plan for AT&T. and what are you trying to pair another phone or what?
and add this to your sources i.danstaface.net and you should find a ringtones app..you can also make your own on your comp if you want and try to connect to wifi when downloading something

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
2. i am not able to use my sony ericcsoon bluetooth .when i tried to find devices in iPhone it runs for so many time and doesn't find any bluetooth
did you put your headset in pairing mode before trying to connect your iPhone to it? iirc, my jawbone headset must be in pairing mode before my iPhone will see it for the first time in order to pair the two...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
i have recently purchased Apple 1.1.4 version iPhone my problem is
1. whatever softwares are in installer when i tried to download it shows messge that "Error package download failed:can't find host"
and "could not activate EDGE: you are not subscribed to EDGE" so what is that?
3.from where i can download ringtones for iPhone
4.is there any software for version 1.1.4 that i can use my all songs which i downloaded as ring tones?
As for your first issue, try reinstalling Community Sources.

- John

jakhsnil

May 19, 2008
still problem not sloved

i am using airtel network in india and i could not use installer any one as all of those says :could not download packages : couldnt find host" so is it necessaty to use installer with wifi? can not use directly in iPhone? like nokia

second one is i was using same bluetooth with nokia phone that works but sony erricsson doesn't pairing iwth iPhone

sarb_deep

May 7, 2008
i am using airtel network in india and i could not use installer any one as all of those says :could not download packages : couldnt find host" so is it necessaty to use installer with wifi? can not use directly in iPhone? like nokia

second one is i was using same bluetooth with nokia phone that works but sony erricsson doesn't pairing iwth iPhone

Hi
First thing is if your edge speed is slow you will be getting this error.
try to refresh the queue by clearing it.
Wifi is good way to install any application in iPhone rest it depend on internet
speed.
Other bluetooth is not compatible, i tried my own nokia one its not connection..i read sumwhere u hav to use Apple bluetooth for this .

sarb

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007

Do you have GPRS subscription on your airtel connection. If not, you need to ask them to activate gprs. Then just go to any airtel gallery and ask them to enter the server (VPN) settings for GPRS on your phone and it will work.

I think iPhone only compatible with Apple headsets, so maybe that's your problem. Although bluetooth works great with my merc's phone system.