Apple iPhone XS/XS Max/XR Special Event Discussion

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I wasn't going to upgrade this year but now I'm thinking I might. I just found out I can get much more money from my 7 Plus than I had thought. I might go with the Xs Max in silver, 64 Gig model.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wasn't going to upgrade this year but now I'm thinking I might. I just found out I can get much more money from my 7 Plus than I had thought. I might go with the Xs Max in silver, 64 Gig model.
Cool. How much do you think you'll get for the Plus? I have a 7+ that I'll probably sell soon as well.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Cool. How much do you think you'll get for the Plus? I have a 7+ that I'll probably sell soon as well.
I would just trade it in with Apple. They are asking $285. I might possibly go with a 256 Gig model Xs Max because I don't upgrade every year. Nice to see you again. I haven't been around as much due to being busy in real life. I still love the iPhone though. I won't buy the Apple Watch. I just don't want to have technology dominate my life like that, but who knows, in the future it is possible.

Nov 9, 2012
Looks like it's going to be the new Apple Phone Xs that will replace my trusted old i Phone 6, my bank account is going to take a hit but what i am reading Apple has a real hit with this new phone.
The old iPhone 6 is working good but the charger plug is worn and i am having to keep poking at it to make it charge, not worth paying to repair so it's time to replace it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I would just trade it in with Apple. They are asking $285. I might possibly go with a 256 Gig model Xs Max because I don't upgrade every year. Nice to see you again. I haven't been around as much due to being busy in real life. I still love the iPhone though. I won't buy the Apple Watch. I just don't want to have technology dominate my life like that, but who knows, in the future it is possible.
Good to see you, too. Same here - I've been keeping busy. Are you still in LA? I've been going out there quite a bit lately. I hear you with the watch. I skipped it for the first couple years for the same reason. I finally got one last year, but I disabled all of the notifications and just use it for the exercise features and tracking and a couple other things like HomeKit. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade it this year.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Looks like it's going to be the new Apple Phone Xs that will replace my trusted old i Phone 6, my bank account is going to take a hit but what i am reading Apple has a real hit with this new phone.
The old iPhone 6 is working good but the charger plug is worn and i am having to keep poking at it to make it charge, not worth paying to repair so it's time to replace it.
Is the Lightning cable falling out/not making good contact in the charging port? If that's the problem, it might be lint packed down in the phone's charging port. You can't usually see it until you start scraping it. You can try to remove it with a toothpick and flashlight.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Good to see you, too. Same here - I've been keeping busy. Are you still in LA? I've been going out there quite a bit lately. I hear you with the watch. I skipped it for the first couple years for the same reason. I finally got one last year, but I disabled all of the notifications and just use it for the exercise features and tracking and a couple other things like HomeKit. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade it this year.
Yes, I'm still living in L.A. I doubt I will go with the Apple Plan this time. I will just buy it out right. It will be a nice upgrade from the 7 Plus, and this will be the first time I'm buying a silver/white iPhone. I always went with black in the past. It will also replace my iPad too now that the Xs Max has such a large screen.

I plan to purchase this Spigen case for it.

Attachments

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I am on the fence with the watch. No need to pre order just yet. My focus will be pre order the phone. But what color do I like ?
I'm in the same boat. I want to see the watch in an Apple Store first. I'm going to pre-order the phone and hold off on the watch for now. I'm hoping pre-orders go better this year. I couldn't get in on time last year due to server overload and ended up driving 6 hours to Bakersfield to get an X.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I'm in the same boat. I want to see the watch in an Apple Store first. I'm going to pre-order the phone and hold off on the watch for now. I'm hoping pre-orders go better this year. I couldn't get in on time last year due to server overload and ended up driving 6 hours to Bakersfield to get an X.
I remember that. I got the watch but still think I should not have. I got the 3 steel version. I remember you got the ceramic type . People still buy older versions of the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Yes, I'm still living in L.A. I doubt I will go with the Apple Plan this time. I will just buy it out right. It will be a nice upgrade from the 7 Plus, and this will be the first time I'm buying a silver/white iPhone. I always went with black in the past. It will also replace my iPad too now that the Xs Max has such a large screen.

I ordered the leather case. For my X I got a Swarovski case and I get tons of compliments on it. I will look for another one for this phone too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2016

Cool. I will consider this case too. Can't wait to have my iPhoneXS Max 512gb!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Cool. I will consider this case too. Can't wait to have my iPhoneXS Max 512gb!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I believe that with the Spigen case it will take 10 business days to receive it. I ordered from a different company (NOMAD) and have now received my case, but still have my order also with Spigen.