Apple iPod av cables/av connection kit do they work on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
i wanna watch my stuff on my tv and since my phone with the case does not fit in the dock so I think I'll save myself $80 and get the cables.. but do they work?

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
i wanna watch my stuff on my tv and since my phone with the case does not fit in the dock so I think I'll save myself $80 and get the cables.. but do they work?
Yeah, I'm very curious about this also. Anyone know? Excuse my ignorance, but can you hook the dock up to play video on your tv?

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Other posts here seem to indicate that video out is not an option (yet) on the iPhone through either port.

It definitely won't work on the headphone jack (like the iPod with Video) because the extra contact is used for the phone microphone.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
how bout the monster 30 pin plug?
I got the monster ipod connector to RCA video/audio out. I will test it out with the projectors @ work and let u know.

BTW, video out of the headphone jack is not as much quality as out the connector, even on 5gpod... plus the monster can hook up to wall power while video is being shown...

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I got the monster ipod connector to RCA video/audio out. I will test it out with the projectors @ work and let u know.

BTW, video out of the headphone jack is not as much quality as out the connector, even on 5gpod... plus the monster can hook up to wall power while video is being shown...
Any luck with the RCAs?