Apple is iPhone user's greatest enemy.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rjklindsay

Oct 5, 2007
I bought an iPhone, with the express purpose of developing software for its exciting new hardware features.
(Multitouch screeen+Accelerometer+proximity sensor+vibrator+camera+bluetooth2)
Oh my gosh! The posibilities are endless!
Except for one snag: Apple is hoarding its toys like a selfish child, and deliberately bricks iPhones running 3rd party software.
Also, some very talented software developers, have contributed many exciting new features to the iPhone (for free), only to be blocked and insulted by Apple, by being called 'Hackers'. If thats Apple's attitude, then the iPhone platform is doomed to die a lonely death as soon as the initial novelty wears off.
Ironically, the 1.1.1 update has caused older UNBLOCKED iPhones to almost double in price, in the UK, so I can make quite a nice profit from selling my iPhone now. :)
So, I'm going back to PocketPC development, and getting rid of my iPhone, asap, and wont be buying anything from Apple ever again.
Also, after all the time I've wasted on the iPhone, I'll be happy to donate these profits towards Dongmei Li's law suit against Apple.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I bought an iPhone, with the express purpose of developing software for its exciting new hardware features.
(Multitouch screeen+Accelerometer+proximity sensor+vibrator+camera+bluetooth2)
Oh my gosh! The posibilities are endless!
Except for one snag: Apple is hoarding its toys like a selfish child, and deliberately bricks iPhones running 3rd party software.
Also, some very talented software developers, have contributed many exciting new features to the iPhone (for free), only to be blocked and insulted by Apple, by being called 'Hackers'. If thats Apple's attitude, then the iPhone platform is doomed to die a lonely death as soon as the initial novelty wears off.
Ironically, the 1.1.1 update has caused older UNBLOCKED iPhones to almost double in price, in the UK, so I can make quite a nice profit from selling my iPhone now. :)
So, I'm going back to PocketPC development, and getting rid of my iPhone, asap, and wont be buying anything from Apple ever again.
Also, after all the time I've wasted on the iPhone, I'll be happy to donate these profits towards Dongmei Li's law suit against Apple.
hmm, i can't say i blame you but i would hold my toungue on the "i'll never buy another Apple product again".. i have a feeling that in two years, when the world starts coming to an end(because steve jobs turned all out windows operated computers into killer robots) steve jobs will force us all to update our iPhones to live.

no but on a serious note, i don't think you should give up on Apple just yet.

either way, good luck with your next phone!

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
and getting rid of my iPhone, asap, and wont be buying anything from Apple ever again.

By "getting rid" you mean giving away. And with that said, I will gladly take it off your hands anytime this week!:p

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
...and deliberately bricks iPhones running 3rd party software.
That's not entirely accurate. While a very few poor souls running 3rd party apps have ended up with non-functional phones, it's more about the bricking of phones that have been unlocked for use on other carriers.