Apple is just testing how many iZombies they have onboard..

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

hippo: LOVE that new Avatar ! I'm literally LMAO. Would love to snag it and use it myself, but that would get confusing hahaha

i thought it was funny.

you can be a blue one.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hey roofmonkey, you a truckie?
Kind of a jack of all trades. My department doesn't run Engines, Trucks, etc... So we pretty much do it all on the responding Engine(s) and if the Ladder responds I guess they are the real truckies :D We don't have a dedicated crew just on the Ladder, at this time. Maybe one of these years.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
It takes zero innovation to up the RAM, up the storage, and swap the CPU out to the A5 that's been in the ipad2 for 7 months. So what exactly were they working on for the last 16 months? I'll give them that I like the new camera info, especially the light accumulation (megapixels mean nothing.) IOS5 is cool but I get to have that in my iPhone 4 anyway. I just don't understand the love affair with the 4s. Is the iPhone 4 really that slow/low on storage?
The CPU & camera could have been implemented in the beginning of the year, the world antenna likely required tweaking to control it's tendency to eat the battery, seems then they waited till iOS5 could be released.

Stepping back that makes sense since the iPhone 4 is plenty quick on iOS4.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
It's isheep.....isheep lol

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app
If loving well-designed products that have revolutionized our entire culture means I have to be called an "iSheep" so be it. I'll wear it proudly. Long live Apple!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I didn't need a complete redesign, just 1 gb of ram and a 4" retina display along with a better chip and camera. Would have been a great update.
LOL, you got the 1 gig of RAM, the better chip and camera. You can't have it all. Crap, why am I responding to another troll?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It's isheep.....isheep lol

You know, I see in your avatar that you're a grown man, but before that, when reading your posts, I really thought you were like 10 years old or something. I'm serious. I'm not trying to be a doosh or anything like that.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
You know, I see in your avatar that you're a grown man, but before that, when reading your posts, I really thought you were like 10 years old or something. I'm serious. I'm not trying to be a doosh or anything like that.
Come on man, you gotta have a sense of humor. You ought to be able to tell by now my demeanor is more "trying" to be humorous than serious. If you take my fooling about to heart, I apologize. It's not that serious. :)

Nemeses

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
Hey I may not agree with the thread title but im not impressed. I absolutely love my iPhone and Apple products. Hell so much that last night I got 15 messages that Steve Jobs had passed. But I can't buy the 4S I've had all other versions except this one. I've convinced co workers (9) to get iPhones and MacBooks. So when I said I was going to wait to see the new Nexus Prime they all were stunned! So much that they're waiting to see what I get before they upgrade lol. Heres a quote from a Android friend when I said I was moving on.
"Welcome to the dark side my friend! "
Here's a buddy I convinced to get a iPhone.
"I hear your thinking of jumping off the iPhone?Same here man. Ive delayed upgrading waiting on I5"

With that I'm moving on I do want a Bigger screen period call me silly but I didn't wait 16 months for a new device to carry the same looking phone. Put it in a case lay it down next to our other 3 iPhone 4 and I'd be hard pressed to pick it out. I like change I drive a new car every few years on average I buy a new house every 5 years. So for me to want a new design isn't a surprise. I may regret it but I'm going to try something different. No trolling here just speaking the truth from my perspective.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
LOL, you got the 1 gig of RAM
Oh, that's great and I for one consider 1GB as significant as the dual-core. I had thought that it was still the same 512MB as in the current iPhone 4.

My previous phones were 192MB, 512MB and now 768MB. 1-1.5GB is my minimum requirement of my next phone. The memory impacts how far your unit can remain current with the OS and I'm sure many of you that run the larger apps must encounter low memory issues.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
... on average I buy a new house every 5 years. So for me to want a new design isn't a surprise. I may regret it but I'm going to try something different. No trolling here just speaking the truth from my perspective.
So exactly how many homes have you owned? :)

Aug 1, 2007
Oh, that's great and I for one consider 1GB as significant as the dual-core. I had thought that it was still the same 512MB as in the current iPhone 4.

My previous phones were 192MB, 512MB and now 768MB. 1-1.5GB is my minimum requirement of my next phone. The memory impacts how far your unit can remain current with the OS and many of you that run the larger apps must encounter low memory issues.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/10/...egabytes-of-ram-just-like-iphone-4-and-ipad-2

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Thanks.

So yeah, how hard/expensive is it for Apple to bump this thing to 1GB. I get that those 4" rumors were photoshops outside of Apple's control but a memory bump would have been a simple way to take care of your peeps. It just gives the thing room to grow.

Over the next 12 months with true notification enabling better multitasking, I hope for you fans that missing this little detail doesn't haunt you. I'm predicting that the 512MB will be the iP4S' antenna-gate.

Aug 1, 2007
Thanks.

So yeah, how hard/expensive is it for Apple to bump this thing to 1GB. I get that those 4" rumors were photoshops outside of Apple's control but a memory bump would have been a simple way to take care of your peeps. It just gives the thing room to grow.

Not sure why they did that.. maybe their just so confident with their hardware to software optimization, that maybe it WILL run just as good if not better than competing devices. I didn't see Infinity Blade on Android.. nor ShadowGun.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Not sure why they did that.. maybe their just so confident with their hardware to software optimization, that maybe it WILL run just as good if not better than competing devices. I didn't see Infinity Blade on Android.. nor ShadowGun.
I'd say Infinity Blade is exclusive or has special partnership treatment that they'd shaft if they ported over. Plus yeah, we're fragmented so porting is a bit of a task.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

My previous phones were 192MB, 512MB and now 768MB. 1-1.5GB is my minimum requirement of my next phone. The memory impacts how far your unit can remain current with the OS and I'm sure many of you that run the larger apps must encounter low memory issues.

Crap. I guess I was wrong. I thought it did have 1gig!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Come on man, you gotta have a sense of humor. You ought to be able to tell by now my demeanor is more "trying" to be humorous than serious. If you take my fooling about to heart, I apologize. It's not that serious. :)

It's all good, dude.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Thanks.

Over the next 12 months with true notification enabling better multitasking, I hope for you fans that missing this little detail doesn't haunt you. I'm predicting that the 512MB will be the iP4S' antenna-gate.

The current iPhone 4 has been able to run notifications in the background for a while with no problems. If jailbroken, Lockinfo or Intelliscreen has given us this feature for quite some time now. These features run on the 3GS as well.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
The current iPhone 4 has been able to run notifications in the background for a while with no problems. If jailbroken, Lockinfo or Intelliscreen has given us this feature for quite some time now. These features run on the 3GS as well.
And the new notifications is only a minor alteration of the current beast. And after all, another 512MB bump is really too much to ask for. And Apple is all wisdom, can't do no wrong, if you REALLY needed it, it would be there already.

Not. Some of my buddies run the RAM label on the status bar and often get into the 10MB free range at which point the unit is crawling and they start killing apps or hard booting.

What's another 512MB cost at these volumes, $1?