Apple is such a Microsoft wanna be

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ravman, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

Not wanting to be left out, I see that Apple is trying so hard to be like Microsoft now. Buggy software, screen of death, the list is starting to increase. Next Apple will be getting fined by the EU for $50 billion. ;)

What baffles me is this? The software on the iPhone is all of what? 250 meg? Whereas Vista is like 10 gigs. I can understand there being bugs in code that is as large as Vista. But bugs in software all small as the iPhones code, that is simply incompetent.

This is no way intended to be a Microsoft is so much better than Apple rant. But Apple seriously need to get their development teams in check.

2. sonicwind

sonicwind New Member
    Bronze

Yep. Consumers have become accustomed to settling for lower quality in return for lower prices. And as a long time software developer, believe me, you are getting what you pay for. Completely, or even nearly, bug free software that does what an operating system does requires an enormous amount of work and testing. Are you willing to pay for it? Sorry, nobody else is, so this is what you get. Your only recourse is to return the phone and sight the reasons. If enough people do that, Apple will get the message. I'm afraid they aren't getting the message while people are standing in lines and stores are running out of supply.

3. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Wow, rav.... you really know how to craft a thread title for an Apple forum. Classic.

4. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

All Apple needs to do now, is have Paris Hilton do their next iPhone advert.

That's hot!

5. psylichon

psylichon Genius

6. desibhar

desibhar New Member
    Bronze

Sure the Apple software has issues. But to put Apple in the same sentence as Microsoft is like trying to say that Britney Spears is a good parent. Give me a break.

I could go on for 10 pages about how Vista is clunky, inferior, and is worse than even XP! That is not even comparing it to the Mac. Vista was actually the nail in the coffin that convinced me to get an iPhone, and will be the reason that I get a mac in the future.

7. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

HA! He's naked... Chris, this is totally unacceptable. Ban this user please ;)

8. juzcallmeg0d

juzcallmeg0d New Member
    Bronze

totally agreed, minus the fact that i will never buy a mac, and will always buy PCs. but vista completely blows and ill never use it.

9. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

Why won't you buy a Mac?

I use Vista and I've never had any issues with it. The few people that I know that have moaned about it, turned out they were the ones who buggered it up. Installed loads of crap and wondered why their PCs ground to a halt. My PC runs perfect with Vista. But it can also dual boot into Leopard.

10. callisto9

callisto9 Member
    Bronze

Both Apple and Microsoft have their flaws. Honestly, I wish the Apple vs. PC thing would go away forEVER. Tout the positives of the brand you love, not the negs of the one you hate.

I love my iPhone and I'm 100% happy with Vista. ;)

11. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

À tout le monde.

12. thizz801

thizz801 New Member

help

iam having problems connecting to my wireless network, it show up on the wifi setting but everytime i try to connect it tells me unable to join the network
    i tryed to disconnected and putting the pasword again but it tells me the same thing

13. psylichon

psylichon Genius

How elegantly stated. Agree 100% (except I don't use Vista... yet)

14. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

This could be a number of issues. Is it a new router that you have? What security are you using (WEP/WPA)? Is MAC filtering on/off?

15. thizz801

thizz801 New Member

no it not a new router it use to work but don't know what happened
    iam using wep and the filter is off

#15 thizz801, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  16. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

Are you running on a PC, MAC or other?

#16 ravman, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  17. thizz801

thizz801 New Member

______________________it a pc

18. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

Silly question, but you turned off the PC (not restarted), turned off the router, switched the router back on and then turned the PC back on?

You running Vista or XP?

19. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

im surprisd ms hasn't made an announcement about a phone coming out

20. ravman

ravman Zealot
    Gold

MS don't make phones, they only make the operating system. Windoze Mobile 7 is supposed to be out early next year.

But there are a couple of phones coming out soon with the MS operating system:

Samsung Omnia
    Sony Ericsson Xperia
    HTC Touch Diamond

The Touch Diamond has been out for a few months, but HTC are releasing a ROM update that will unlock it for US use.

I want the Omnia.