Apple is upgrading some new Macs to Leopard for free...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
In response to a previous thread that I started here a week or so ago, I found out today via the Apple Store that Apple is indeed going to upgrade my OS to Leopard for FREE($9.95+shipping+tax) since I bought my MacBook very recently.

The dates of purchase that are covered under the free OS upgrade are between October 1, 2007, and December 29,2007. Any Mac that was purchased through Apple Online, Apple Store, or AUTHORIZED resellers(such as Best Buy), is eligible for the upgrade.

You can fill out a form which you can print directly from Apple's website, or apply for the upgrade online. I am trying to apply online, but the system is telling me that my serial number isn't found. My guess is since I bought the computer less than fourteen days ago, I won't be able to have my serial # processed until after 14 days so that they don't send out free copies of 10.5 to people who are returning their computers within the 14 day return period.

The website address for the upgrade is www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate

You must complete and postmark your form or fax it by January 4, 2008. The program actually ends December 29, 2007, so if you really want the new OS, don't put it off as with the holidays coming up, you might forget to do it.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Doesn't Leopard run under the .NET Framework? Which is a Microsoft tool?

MACformers... PCs in disguise.

It's funny how the latest iPhone 1.1.1 fix came from Microsoft tools (the .NET Framework).

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Doesn't Leopard run under the .NET Framework? Which is a Microsoft tool?

MACformers... PCs in disguise.

It's funny how the latest iPhone 1.1.1 fix came from Microsoft tools (the .NET Framework).
Gee, we have this little place just for us, iphone-owning Mac Lovers. Can't you let us bond in peace around here?:(

Just joking...