Apple Issues C&D To Maker of Podium

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just received a press release from Pivotal, the company which manufactures Podium. First I had ever seen of the product. Pricey, but very cool.

Pivotal, producer of Podium, (podiumrevolution.com) the leading desktop stand for iPhone, announced today that it has received a Cease-and-Desist Letter from Apple Inc. regarding use of the name PODIUM with Pivotal's stand. Legal counsel for Apple Inc. claims that such use infringes Apple’s trademark rights, stating that the “POD” component in the name of Pivotal’s PODIUM stand is a direct reference to the IPOD and Apple's pending POD trademark registrations.

“If you look at our product and then look up the word Podium in the dictionary, I think it becomes pretty clear where our branding inspiration came from” states Scott Baumann, President of Pivotal. Mr. Baumann continues, “We were certainly surprised by the allegations and will be consulting with our legal counsel regarding this matter”.

Last edited:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
All I can say is....OMG Apple work on getting your update out instead of petty bs!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Thats ridiculous. Like they don't already have enough attention from the 3.0 announcement, they have to go and give stupid cease and desist orders

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
In a related story, the makers of Immodium have also sent a C&D to the Podium manufacturer.

"The makers of Podium share the same odium as Immodium. It could cause confusion in the marketplace."

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
In a related story, the makers of Immodium have also sent a C&D to the Podium manufacturer.

"The makers of Podium share the same odium as Immodium. It could cause confusion in the marketplace."

uh chris, if people in the marketplace cant defrintiate between a drug and an iPod accessory...oh my god! dip me hyssop ...please! yet i understand your point, but people need to have common sense...i remember my Grandmother telling me once when i thought i was way too spiritual, "...boy God gave you a MIND..." ...meaning think! use some commsense...

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
as much as I like Apple's products (I will never give up my iPhone or MacBook), I cannot stand them as a company. I hate knowing I support them by buying their products.

Back when Guy Kawasaki had a big influence in the company I admired them. I even studied Apple's ways in order to better position my PC software company. They have now given over to the lawyers and there doesn't seem to be anyone acting as a check/balance. Too bad.