Apple, Jobs, AT&T sued over iPhone price cut, rebates

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
From Appleinsider.com:

"In the suit, filed Sept. 24 in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Queens resident Dongmei Li accuses the parties of price discrimination, underselling, discrimination in rebates, deceptive actions, and other wrongdoings for their role in the Sept. 5th price drop on iPhone, which saw the handset's price tag slashed an unprecedented $200 less than two months after its debut..."

More here---->http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/09/28/Apple_jobs_att_sued_over_iphone_price_cut_rebates.html

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
What a joke this suit is, it will be thrown out before you can say " mr watson, can you hear me".
Aww she didn't get the 8 gig phone cause they were sold out, well guess what miss piggy, its called waiting till they get more in.
Heres hoping she gets wiped out in lawers fees, and cant pass go and collect 200, and loses all her hotels and has to mortgage her railroads.
Oh yes and goes to jail. So there. Lol

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
From Appleinsider.com:

"In the suit, filed Sept. 24 in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Queens resident Dongmei Li accuses the parties of price discrimination, underselling, discrimination in rebates, deceptive actions, and other wrongdoings for their role in the Sept. 5th price drop on iPhone, which saw the handset's price tag slashed an unprecedented $200 less than two months after its debut..."

More here---->http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/09/28/Apple_jobs_att_sued_over_iphone_price_cut_rebates.html
Another idiot that has nothing better to do with his time. It won't work.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I agree with you guys, but you never know. Think about it. If Apple throws 50,000 to shut him up and get the case dropped, how great does he come out on top? I am not saying it is going to happen, but you never know.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
$1M?
Nothing will be made of this.
Just another idiot trying to work some money out of people for nothing. What a joke.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I agree with you guys, but you never know. Think about it. If Apple throws 50,000 to shut him up and get the case dropped, how great does he come out on top? I am not saying it is going to happen, but you never know.
Reminds me of the woman who sued McDonalds because SHE was dumb enough to spill hot coffee on herself. Bet she would have been mad and sued if the coffee had been cold. :mad:

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Its lawsuits like these that poison any attempt at real/actual lawsuits from being taken seriously.

Waste of time!

FW

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Good old American gluttony on parade again. The poor baby didn't get what he wanted, when he wanted so now he wants 1M for what... pain and suffering?

It will get tossed out and I hope his lawyer sticks him with a nice fat bill for his troubles.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
Reminds me of the woman who sued McDonalds because SHE was dumb enough to spill hot coffee on herself. Bet she would have been mad and sued if the coffee had been cold. :mad:

ummmm........didn't she win that one?

and as a result.............most will now spell out on the cup of coffee......something along the lines that it is hot.........

what we really need is to implement the UK process of lawsuits, that is if you initiate a lawsuit and lose, not only do you pay your own legal fees but all the fees of the party that you are suing. This would discourage frivolous lawsuits

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
You mean the 79 year old who " was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent.[9] She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. Two years of treatment followed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

Third degree burns and skin grafting takes it to a different level, especially if it had been my mother or grandmother.

It also turned out that McD's had paid out a half million previously to other burn victims, but wouldn't pony up for her expenses.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
You mean the 79 year old who " was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent.[9] She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. Two years of treatment followed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald's_coffee_case

Third degree burns and skin grafting takes it to a different level, especially if it had been my mother or grandmother.

It also turned out that McD's had paid out a half million previously to other burn victims, but wouldn't pony up for her expenses.
yep shes the one. She was the idiot who spilled it on herself. Was she expecting the coffee to be cold? Last time I checked, Mcdonalds just recently started selling "iced premium roast coffee". Shame on her for her own stupidity and negligence and suing mcdonalds.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I seriously doubt it will get thrown out. More likely what will happen is Apple will keep the suit ongoing until the complaintant can no longer afford to continue the litigation. I have seen/used this method numerous times and it rarely ever fails. Apple will file motion after motion. Forcing the complaintant to secure adequate legal representation. If he does so, it will cost a fortune, if he doesn't the suit will go no where and eventually will be withdrawn by the complaintant.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
What we need in this country / world is extreme darwinism. Survival of the fittest. Stop putting warnings on things and let the people systematically weed themselves out.

I know this forum is comprised of intelligent, smart people. When we buy a cup of coffee we know it will be very hot. Who drinks cold coffee (unless its iced coffee from Dunkin')? If we go to a store and they are out of what we want....we go to another store or wait for a shipment...we don't sue!

If we weed out these morons the world might be a better place. Although, these frivolous lawsuits are probably just a direct result of the human gene pool being heavily diluted.

Ah! What are you gonna do? :mad:

GoldenAnkh

Bronze
Apr 5, 2007
Michigan, USA
www.robinsachs.com
I bought a flute a few months ago and recently the new distributor dropped the price by $3000. I never even thought to file a lawsuit. Stuff happens, and I still have an AMAZINGLY awesome flute!

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I bought a flute a few months ago and recently the new distributor dropped the price by $3000. I never even thought to file a lawsuit. Stuff happens, and I still have an AMAZINGLY awesome flute!
I have an amazing flute too!

Hehe.

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
The actual suit of the text is amusing in many places:

http://www.computerworld.com/pdfs/editorial/LivAppleJobsAT&T.pdf

I particularly like the paragraph 57 that presents how the the plaintiff "suffers substantial injury" and paragraph 66 that calls AT&T's 2-year contract "unfair and deceptive."

Remember when you signed up for service? How many times did they tell you you're committing to a 2-year agreement before you sign? While she's at it, why doesn't she sue her English teacher and school district for not making her fully conversant in the langauge?

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Loser Pays is the answer to frivolous lawsuits!

Also, legal fees are often footed by the ambulance chasers themselves in return for 40% or more of the winnings or settlement.