Apple kicks off why you'll love iPad, but I already do

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chris, Mar 28, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Following up from the Why iPhone, Apple today started using similar marketing around the iPad. I'm sure many of you received an email and there is a page up on Apple's site on Why You'll Love iPad.

Guess this makes sense in keeping with the Why iPhone campaign. Why are they mailing existing customers? Is part of this campaign about retention?

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I don't think it's much of a change in form for them. I get plenty or promo emails every time I buy a new Apple device (Accessorize your new iPad, do more with your new iPhone etc) and even throughout the year a bit - eg those reminding me that the iPad / Mac is a perfect gift to a loved one for Xmas / Easter / Halloween / Festivus etc.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm really not sure what preaching to the choir accomplishes.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

More sales. Even if they already own one, the email might get them thinking about buying one for a gift or upgrading from a mini to an iPad 4 or keeping the mini and adding an iPad 4. Emails are cheap marketing. They don't have anything to lose by sending it out to existing customers.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I get plenty of those as well. These seem to invade my inbox in multiples and doesn't seem as if it caters to me as an existing iPad owner. If they were pitching accessories or apps, sure. It feels more like a retention campaign. Wouldn't be the craziest idea, considering what we see here in the forums, seems to be a slight up tick lately in people considering a change of pace.