Apple leading in the tablets category, but not in smartphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nikhil Gorwani, May 14, 2013.

1. Nikhil Gorwani

Bronze

According to the new data released by Canalys, Android remains the leader in mobile market comprising nearly 60 percent of the total global shipments for said quarter. Apple accounted for around 19 percent of the share and Microsoft with 18 percent.
    Of the three markets, it is reported that the tablets are the fastest growing globally. Based on first quarter results, this market climbed 106 percent, selling as much as 41.9 million units year over-year. Apple is taking the lead in this segment with a reported market share of 46 percent.

Source: International Business Times

2. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

It doesn't matter how many they ship, it matters how many they sell. From what I understand, I was told this morning that the ip5 still sells out around here. I also purposely pay attention to what kind if phone people have and about 75% of the people I come in contact with have iPhones.

Sent using iCafe app

3. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I wouldn't expect them to continue to sell more iPads than any other tablet. Android is saturating the market with tablets and so will Microsoft. For me, it's about who is selling the better tablet.

Sent using iCafe app