Apple Leather and Silicone Cases for the iPhone 6s & 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Europa, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Has anyone bought a new leather or silicone Apple case for your 6s or 6s Plus? I love the new colors. Let's see some pics if you got one.

Here's my saddle brown 6s case (shown in my iPhone 6):

33.jpg

22.jpg

11.jpg

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

e.jpg

b.jpg

3. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I've been wanting one of the leather cases for my 6 plus. Where did you purchase it at? I have the Gold phone. Right now I have the pink silicone case for the 6 plus.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I ordered it on Apple.com right after the Keynote and got it on Firday. What do you think of the new Rose Grey case? I think it will look great on either of the gold iPhones. I'll post some pics of it on the Rose Gold after I get the phone.

5. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I really like it. I can't wait to see how it looks on your phone. How well does the leather cases hold up? I'm used to the otterbox commuter cases but I want something not as bulky. I wish my silicone case was more of a pink than a coral color.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Mine have held up very well. Natural leather wear is expected and more evident on the lighter colors. I prefer the feel and grip of the leather over the silicone cases. I think this new saddle brown color is going to age very well.

Have you seen the new shade of pink for the silicone case? They also have lavender.

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Europa NICE! I LOVE THAT CASE!!! Ok, I have an important question. Is this leather different than the aniline leather of the cases from last year?

The description on the web site says these leather cases are made with Italian Leather. In your opinion is there a difference? I'm hoping so. From the looks of it on the web site and in your pictures above the leather looks different.

I'm getting the Silicone cases first then the leather. So far i like the four colors i've received.

#7 Sharunda, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The leather feels the same as last year's to me. It has the perfect amount of grip and it's soft. The only one that isn't soft is the red from last year. It has a plasticky feel. I guess achieving that color required a different composition.

9. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

IMO, the whole point of getting these leather cases is watching them age. Brand new they're too flat and anemic. But they will not look new for more than a few weeks. They will get darker around the edges, and get a bit scratched up. Unlike crappy plastic cases leather makes it look good.

This is mine so far after about a week:

[​IMG]

10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got the rose leather case and the turquoise case. I have not opened the packages .
    Perhaps I should ? I got the vintage rose watchband too. I really want the turquoise band but it's not yet available to pick up at our store.

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

[​IMG]

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here's the Rose Grey leather case on my Rose Gold 6s.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

13. robinhooddaffy

Bronze

Europa..........................so does the case give good protection for the glass front in case of landing face down? I got an "Adopted" olive color leather for my 6s and it has plastic sides. i am a little concerned about hitting face down. It is close that I am worried.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, it's pretty good, especially for a minimalistic case. They did pretty well on the drop tests up until about 10 feet, face down.

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm using the Otterbox Commuter for now. But I have the black Apple leather case coming tomorrow. The nice lady at Apple has gifted it to me. I could have had an iPhone controlled Mercedes, but chose the case. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's cool. How did you get it gifted?

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

She felt sorry for me because I was having so many issues with my 6s Plus and I'm 80 miles from an Apple Store. I managed to fix my Bluetooth problem and took care of the rest with a restore as new.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Oh, well that's nice that you got something out of the long trip. I think you'll like the leather case. It's classy and doesn't add any bulk. Apple excels at customer satisfaction. They offered me a gift once because of an AT&T problem, which really surprised me.

I'm glad you got it all sorted out. I don't recall you mentioning any problems with your new phone, but I might have missed the post since it was so busy here that day. So you didn't restore before you went there? As a general rule of thumb, I've found that setting up as a new device on new iPhones minimizes problems. Restoring a backup that was made on an old phone on old firmware can be problematic, so I just completely avoid it. It takes me about two hours to set it up, but I like starting fresh and knowing that any problems I'm having are due to bugs in the new firmware rather than issues with the backup.

19. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I couldn't get my headset to pair. Finally did after working with it. Also wasn't getting lockscreen and banner notifications from apps.

20. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

That saddle brown leather Apple case is the most gorgeous case I have ever seen. I'll be sporting one as soon as I get my iPhone 6s Plus.