Apple lied to me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mariouk, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Mariouk

Mariouk Member
    Bronze

So last week I take my MacBook pro to the genius's and they tell me my logic board is dead and want £418 to fix it.(even though I see it work on an external screen in store) So I go away and take it to a good friend who has a pc shop in my area and can fix pc's macs etc. He asks " so what's wrong with it?" I say "it turns on fine but the screen is black, Apple told me its the logic board". So he plugs in an external display and it works, the login screen can clearly be seen, but as it was on a different screen it was blown up so I couldn't login. He says, " That can't be the logic board or it would be doing that" That's what I thought! He seems to think its the screen, (which costs less) so I have left it in his hands, he can fix it for £250! So why did Apple lie to me? Surely they don't need the money that bad that they would give me false info?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Sometimes Apple assumes what is wrong with your laptop, but actually it's less than that. I will tell you from experience they do run multiple tests with your laptop when you send it to them. And if the test triggers then that part needs replaced. That's what happened with my laptop. They found other issues along with the issue I saw.

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I notice the Genius Bar always this the HD is bad before even listening to your problem. :mad: