Apple Lightning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Does anyone else think this plug looks a little fragile? I mean, I wouldn't want to put the adapter on my iHome, then put my new iPhone on top of the adapter. Looks like the new plug will snap off real easy if the phone gets bumped accidentally or something. I hope it's more durable than it looks!

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
This new system is great. I would always catch the 30 pin in the bottom if I wasn't looking while plugging it in

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Wish they didn't cost an arm and a leg so I could have more than one lousy cord...
I was at the Apple store the other day and picked up two more. I had to. I did feel a little bit "voilated" after I checked out, though. $40... And they STILL don't have any of the adapters. WTF is wrong with them to release a new cord and not have ANY adapters. That's a little bit ridiculous. Even the couple of Apple employees I talked to don't understand it.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I was at the Apple store the other day and picked up two more. I had to. I did feel a little bit "voilated" after I checked out, though. $40... And they STILL don't have any of the adapters. WTF is wrong with them to release a new cord and not have ANY adapters. That's a little bit ridiculous. Even the couple of Apple employees I talked to don't understand it.
I did the same thing - bought 2 more this past weekend. I'm also a bit curious why there are no adapters. I have music 2 docks at home and would like to be able to use them. I even decided I would just go buy a new music dock for the iPhone 5. There aren't any.... Great phone but where are the accessories. With Apples secrecy, we suffer in this area a bit. I'm also curious how they are going to implement lightning into music docks as I agree, it seems like it would be far less sturdy than the 30-pin.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I am mad about the adapter (I use Withings to messure my blood pressure)
I had ordered it before launch with my cables and the day of launch it was moved to back order !
People ordered a phone and adapter got theirs. I ordered before and nada.
The original question was if it snap off but aren't all new speaker boxes etc. wireless/airpaly now?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I am mad about the adapter (I use Withings to messure my blood pressure)
I had ordered it before launch with my cables and the day of launch it was moved to back order !
People ordered a phone and adapter got theirs. I ordered before and nada.
The original question was if it snap off but aren't all new speaker boxes etc. wireless/airpaly now?
True there are many available Bluetooth music docks or airplay docks that work with iPhone 5 (and before), but remember these don't charge the iPhone while in use like a music dock does. That's why I'm holding out for a dock.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
WHY ARE THERE DUPLICATE POSTS! ANNOYING! OH AND YOU CAN'T DELETE THEM! - Sorry, just a little rant. :oops:

This was a duplicate post from mine above. I changed it to this because it couldn't be deleted and I was a little frustrated. :unsure:

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
WHY ARE THERE DUPLICATE POSTS! ANNOYING! OH AND YOU CAN'T DELETE THEM! - Sorry, just a little rant. :oops:

This was a duplicate post from mine above. I changed it to this because it couldn't be deleted and I was a little frustrated. :unsure:
It's been happening to me as well when I use the app on my phone or my iPad since iOS 6. YMMV

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA

It has happened to me ever since iOS 6 with either my iPad or my iPhone. It appears to hang when you hit send. If you wait until it stops spinning, the draft window remains open. If I hit cancel, it deletes the post. If I hit send twice, I get 2 posts. Grrrrr!