Apple may be testing nested folders, additional gestures, icon animation fine-tuning

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Rafagon, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Here's a video by @HamzaSood with some fairly interesting stuff. One screen in particular (at 0:49) offers the user ultra-fine control over zoom animations, something I personally would not expect Apple would do considering their usual strictness over iOS customization. It is not clear how @HamzaSood arrived at these settings. Has anyone come across these screens before? Could this just be a big hoax?

2. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

I'm actually working on obtaining more information as to all of those secret settings (why they're there (probably know that already), how they were obtained, etc.).

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I guess I will just throw this in here as well. Here is what iOS 7 running on an iPad may look like.

Anyone care to translate this from Russian into English? :D

4. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Google Translate?

5. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

Some of the shots and transitions right when he tapped the screen made it seem a bit fake. His hands also don't look as clear when it's actually over the display. I think that what's available in the iPad Simulator is the most legit thing out there.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I may need a human translation. My initial attempt just yielded this:

"island apps for baths"

LOL! No, the audio voice recognition on Google Translate seems to need at least another six months of work before it can yield any semblance of satisfactory results!

I routinely translate American English songs for my Spanish-speaking friends in South America, and, these translations still need human interaction/intervention to be anywhere near accurate! I speak/read/write perfect English and Spanish, but my Russian skills are minimum at best!

Then again, I am using free tools and not spending $200+ on Dragon Dictate or what-not.............

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm thinking it could be an alteration to a plist inside an iPhone backup, similar to how we enabled the panoramic setting in the camera before iOS 6 came out.

8. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

A few people have tested adding "SBRootSettings" and "SBPrototypeSettingsEnabled" to com.apple.SpringBoard.plist with no success, so there could be some more. I outlined some things on my blog here (I need to update it, because I was wrong about it being done on the iPhone Simulator).

9. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

I was really interested in finding out more information as well and it seems you've done it all for me in a much more educated and efficient manner, Thanks for this post!