Apple meeting on January 19th

irainbow_chic

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
So what's the scoop guys?! I read this today in the Huffington post and I am rather excited!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
It's on the front page of the main site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
We aren't seeing another phone till this fall. Probably publicity.

But I am sure that it being nine months away that we should start spreading the rumors and mock up photos.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
We aren't seeing another phone till this fall. Probably publicity.

But I am sure that it being nine months away that we should start spreading the rumors and mock up photos.
sounds about right.
I heard 8 inch display. 5g speeds and 1130h high definitely. It was from a reliable source to.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
sounds about right.
I heard 8 inch display. 5g speeds and 1130h high definitely. It was from a reliable source to.
Thats because you found a mock up in a bar that Apple planted to get higher sales because jobs spoke to them through BBM and told them it was a good idea.

Are you picking up on my sarcasm? I'm laying it on really thick.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
So what's the scoop guys?! I read this today in the Huffington post and I am rather excited!
Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
If you can't tell, we really don't know either :D something about education is all I get.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Apple will announce a new IsChool service to coincide with the opening of spaceship campus one. America's been taking a beating by the BRIC nations in the areas of math, science and marketing. In typical Apple fashion a new game changer is about to dawn.

That or free swag for all teachers in the US, FlwrPwer FTW.

Secretly it's the latest phase of their marketing program, "get them while they're young". Lunch will be served in a MciMeal.

jokes all around, hoping it's taken as such, however you take it just please don't leave on my account :)

Sent from my iWannaBeAniPhoneKillerphoneButKeepFallingShort-phone using Tapatalk

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Blah. Education, to me, means it's not gonna be anything the average consumer cares about.

I'm wrong fairly often, though. :(

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Blah. Education, to me, means it's not gonna be anything the average consumer cares about.

I'm wrong fairly often, though. :(
Education software is big businesss. many colleges use a software called blackboard www.blackboard.com and it's an annoying POS in my opinion-from an educators standpoint;) . New versions all the time and BLOATED. I hope Apple does have something different to offer:D

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I hope I can get all of my exact textbooks now in the app store. Or through something.
A private Christian school in Denver made it mandatory for all students to have an iPad so that is all they use now in class so you're not far off from the future.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
A private Christian school in Denver made it mandatory for all students to have an iPad so that is all they use now in class so you're not far off from the future.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
Our school would never do that. Too much liability (even if it wasn't school issued) and our school is $800,000 in debt.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Most textbook companies have E-versions now, but don't you get free textbooks in school?
We don't get free hard copy books in school, we have to pay $75, in addition to our taxes.

If you were referring to our textbooks in the app store or available on my Ipad, not that I've found. Holt, rehinhart and Winston are our book manufactures.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
We don't get free hard copy books in school, we have to pay $75, in addition to our taxes.

If you were referring to our textbooks in the app store or available on my Ipad, not that I've found. Holt, rehinhart and Winston are our book manufactures.
Ah, thought you went to public school.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
That would be cool. Carry around a binder and an iPad only. But of course an iPad is an electronic and against school rules, while a kindle fire isn't. :|