Apple might consider dropping price on iPad

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple could drop the price of the iPad if it doesn’t sell well:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/188831/Apple_to_remain_nimble_on_ipad_pricing.html

Why even come out with that this early? Aren’t they concerned that people will hold off buying it if they think the price will go down if they wait a month or so?

For those planning on buying one, would this influence your decision on when to buy? I’m getting one but if I could save $100 or more on it, I might be inclined to wait and see what happens.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I really like the iPad case. I'm considering the low end WiFi model.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I think I would get the 3G capable model without a plan. I would like to have it should I ever want to use it.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Since I was in line (actually my daughter waited for me) for the original iPhone, I am fairly sure I will be right there with all of the other early adopters of the iPad in line for the iPad on release day :sneaky:

iBanana

Silver
Jan 15, 2010
United States
if they drop the price it is more likely that i buy one. however it will ultimately come down how i feel once i play with one in the store.

iThinkiCan

Bronze
Jan 29, 2010
I wonder if students are going to get a discount? If they drop the price and give students discount, I might consider buying a 32gb wifi model. If not then I will just have to settle for the 16gb wifi version. I would love a discount but I still think that $499 is a reasonable price considering what the iPad can do.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
The iPad link in the education store currently sends you to the standard iPad landing page. Maybe they will offer a $50-$100 discount once the iPad is released?
I doubt it. They don’t offer a discount on iPhones or even iPods, do they? They probably think it’ll be so popular with its current pricing, why get try to get less when they don’t need to.