Apple Music offline listening

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Mthoroughbred, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I download the songs and or albums in Apple Music for offline listening and they do download. I can tell cause I see the little phone icon on the song or album I download. The problem that I'm having is that once in a while the songs or albums I download for offline listening aren't downloaded anymore and I would have to redownload again. Has this happen to anyone else and if so why is it happening?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Since it's a new service, Apple Music still has some bugs that need to be fixed. There isn't much that you can do other than download the songs again and wait for Apple to fix the current problems and make the service more reliable.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

4. DomePatrol

DomePatrol New Member

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I just experienced this on my iPhone 6. I had songs downloaded onto my phone and have listened to at work. We have no WiFi and I don't want to eat up my data on streaming music all day at work. Yesterday, I noticed that the little phone icon next to the songs on my playlist was missing and at the top of the screen had the download cloud. Is this a common problem? I have subscribed to the Family Plan so that my wife and kids can each have their playlists. Does anyone know what caused me to lose my songs?

Thanks!

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Enabling iCloud Music Library through Apple Music can unsync some of the songs from the device. You'll need to re-sync them.

1. Connect to iTunes and turn off iCloud Music Library on the phone and in iTunes. Leave them off for now.
    2. Unsync all of your music.
    3. Resync all of your music.
    4. Sync your playlists.
    5. Test to make sure the music plays in airplane mode and check to make sure all of your music is there.
    6. Toggle on iCloud Music Library on your phone and in iTunes. Give iTunes some time to upload your music that they don't sell.
    7. Check to make sure your playlists are on the phone and that your synced music plays on airplane mode. There should be a phone symbol to the right of the song if it is downloaded to your phone:
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Apple has become increasingly inept while continuing to release subpar products. I thank god I never went with Apple Music for more more than a couple weeks into the initial trial period. If they haven't ironed it out by now, what are the odds? Having to jump through all those hoops to rectify an issue like that, especially if you have a large music library, is not something to just shrug your shoulders at IMO. What a joke.

7. DomePatrol

DomePatrol New Member

Thanks for your help. I wound up just downloading the songs, or most of them, again overnight on my wifi at home. They seem to be working again. I've read quite a few complaints about Apple Music, but this is the first problem that I have run into. If I have more problems, I may have to look for something else.

Thanks again for your help!

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

We should hopefully hear news of a major update of Apple Music at the WWDC. Maybe some of the issues will be addressed in iOS 10.