Apple Neuters the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
If that's all that troubles you - GET A LIFE!

Really, using a playlist is so easy AND if you program smart playlists you can get your iTunes to automatically update your iPhone with say you most payed tracks, or least played tracks, or highest rated tracks, or new Podcasts etc etc.

Bitching about lack of drag and drop is pointless - it must take a whole extra 20 seconds to use a playlist - gee whizz!

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I was a little disappointed at this as well as lack of disk mode but I'm confident Apple will include those features (a la Mac OS X 10.0 -> 10.1).

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
A small point: playlists are not the only way to get music into the iPhone. You can also have ALL your music sync'd with the iPhone (if it fits). If you set up your iTunes this way, you only need to add music to your library and it's moved to the iPhone when you sync.

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Lazy?

I guess I could be called lazy. I'd rather be called efficient. It's one of the reasons I like my iPhone so much is because tasks that are maddening to do on other smartphones are accomplished in a matter of just a couple fast uncomplicated steps.

I purchased a Nano for my father this fathers day. First Ipod and mp3 player in the family. I was impressed that I was able to just take files and drop them on the player and load him up in a matter of minutes for the whole process. It was definitely one of the leading reasons I impulse purchased my iPhone.

So now with everything being so simple and efficient with my Apple experiences so far, am I lazy for wanting this to continue with the seemingly simple task of putting some music on the damn phone without going through the whole ordeal of finding it on my hard drive, making sure that folder gets added to the library, finding it in the library amongst many other songs that were in groups in folders on my hard drive but now there is no rhyme or reason, to go and remake lists all over again. Forget it. I didn't want the song that bad anyways.......

-Lazy Jeff