Apple notebooks

natalie

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
Louisiana
www.myspace.com
So im looking at getting a macbook pro.. and i was wonder how durable the Apple laptops are. I have a dell laptop thats a few years old and one of the screen hinges broke on it, just from it being opened and closed (it wasn't even my main computer i used). So the screen is just hanging on by one of the sides, im just waiting for it to break (its halfway there already).

I was just wondering how well they are built. Also, how long before its outdated? My dell being just a few years old SUCKS...

I just wanted to ask a few question before I drop $2K+ on a laptop

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
They keyboard is backlit, and it's awesome.

Mine is a year old and still in out-of-the-box condition. So scratches or anything. The iSight camera works really well, and has great quality, like the iPhone's camera. Both hardware and software performance is amazing.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Yep, the backlit keyboard kicks major ass. And there is a program called Lab Tick that allows you to set the brightness to any level and keep it consistent instead of relying on the auto brightness function.

I think the MBP is very well constructed. I don't exactly baby mine but it looks brand new. Either way, I never buy an Apple laptop without have AppleCare for it.

The MBP was last updated on June 5, 2007 and is updated every 186 days on average.

Buy one - you won't regret it! :D

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
i also just took the plunge and got an MBP i love it...i used to have an alienware notebook and it might as well have been a pc because it was no big and heavy i never took it off my desk it was too much of a hassel...since i got my MBP i haven't been to my desk yet just left the PC running im gunna lean it out and use it for storage tho

bess

Oct 29, 2007
Miami, USA
Apple laptops are excellent for video editors
macs handle graphics much better than pc's.

if you use photoshop or video editing programs often then you should consider getting a mac

but if all you do is type papers, and surf the net than get a pc - it's cheaper