Apple Offers FREE MobileMe 30 Day Extension

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Taken from Apple's Support Site....

Summary
This article describes how Apple will provide eligible members with a 30-day extension to their MobileMe subscription free of charge.

Products Affected
MobileMe, MobileMe Account

Why is Apple extending subscription periods?
The transition from .Mac to MobileMe was a lot rockier than we had hoped. We will be extending subscriptions by 30 days to customers free of charge to express our appreciation for their patience during the transition period.

Am I eligible for the 30-day extension?
You are eligible if one of these applies to you:

-you were a .Mac member whose account was active as of July 9, 2008
-you are a new MobileMe member who created your account on or before July 15, 2008 at 7:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time

When will this 30-day extension be applied to my account?
Your 30-day extension will be applied to your account within the next few weeks. Please check this FAQ for updates on availability.

What if I am in the free trial period?
Your trial period will be extended an additional 30 days. The change will be applied to your account within the next few weeks.

My account is up for expiration soon. What will happen to me?
Your account will not expire until your 30-day extension has been applied and you have reached your new expiration date. If you recently received an email stating your account will expire soon (or you saw similar messaging when using MobileMe), please ignore it.

My account is up for automatic renewal soon. What will happen to me?
Your account will renew as normal and you will be charged the applicable amount. When the 30-day extension is applied, it will be added to your active subscription free of charge.

I am eligible based on the above criteria, but my account expired before July 15, 2008 at 7:00pm PDT. How does this affect me?
To enable your 30-day extension, we have re-activated your account. You may continue to use MobileMe until your new renewal date. If you still wish to cancel your account, please read these instructions.

I have purchased an upgrade. Will my upgrades also be extended?
The 30-day extension applies to any purchased upgrades, such as additional storage or a Family Pack upgrade.

I want to buy an upgrade. Will it also be extended?
Yes, any upgrades you purchase will be extended to your new contract date.

I got an email that says my MobileMe account is up for renewal soon. Is that true?
Over the next few weeks, we will be updating our database to reflect your new renewal end date. During this time, you may receive emails that say your account is up for renewal. Please ignore these emails until your account is extended.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Awsome, at least they acknowledged the issues and are doing something about it.

Now if I could just get my MobileMe to start synching again I'll be happy.

Apparently there is no MobileMe help hotline, you can only email your problem and wait for a response.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Nice. I'll definitely take the extension without any complaints. While my .Mac address is my primary personal address, I didn't have any major problems with it during the MobileMe implementation. I was a little frustrated that the web apps weren't up and running (though I was just trying to see how they looked, not do anything critical), but that was about it.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
my computer on 10.4.11 still thinks that im on .mac, have they mentioned anything about that?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
my computer on 10.4.11 still thinks that im on .mac, have they mentioned anything about that?
I do not think so. The mobile me update that Princess told me about this past weekend showed up in the auto software update today, but I think it is only for 10.5.4.

I liked getting the email acknowledging the problem with mobile me from Apple.